John Dudley

Gobbler36

WKR
He explained he reasoning real well to me. He said he didn't know the guy. I've never heard of him either, however I been living under a rock archery wise for the last decade. He just said he listened to him for a half hour and heard something that didn't make sense to him and made him question they guy. Yes, looked and John is an Olympic shooter and definitely forgets more in a week than I know and seems like a great guy to me in my very limited exposure to him. I don't completely agree with anyone though and never blindly follow others. Talking on internet posts is not the same in person. It's too easy to misread people.
Yeah i understand all that but to keep going on and on in a so called internet post about something so minuscule seems likes an axe to grind to me. That’s all I’m saying he stated his point, good for him, now its time to quit bringing it back up. I think some people just like to act like they don’t know of John Dudley cause or other helpful people cause they like to be able to chest pound and say look at me look at me I shoot or have learned whatever skill all on my own and I’m better than you

I don't see 5M as being butt hurt at all. QUOTE="Wrenchmonkey, post: 1470903, member: 38862"]That said, your description of having to change your sights every time you change between broadheads and field points says you'd benefit from a tuning vid as well. And probably best to not skip around it because you assume you already know what they're gonna say. Hint: It mainly involves micro-tuning your rest; not changing your sights around every time you change between broadheads and field points. ;)
I'm always open to new ideas, thanks. I try to skip past the small talk, not the technical stuff, fyi. I use information and often tweak it for what works best for me. I always used "Tuning your Broadheads by Larry Wise".
[/QUOTE]

You're right, maybe he's not butthurt. Maybe I'm misreading that. But he seems to have a lot of bottled up hostility toward the guy just for doing one tiny thing a little differently from how he prefers to do it. Like I said in my last post, that's not normal behavior in most people, unless they're legit #triggered.

Trial153

WKR
Yeah i understand all that but to keep going on and on in a so called internet post about something so minuscule seems likes an axe to grind to me. That’s all I’m saying he stated his point, good for him, now its time to quit bringing it back up. I think some people just like to act like they don’t know of John Dudley cause or other helpful people cause they like to be able to chest pound and say look at me look at me I shoot or have learned whatever skill all on my own and I’m better than you
You ever think you look like you have an axe to grind they way you crawl up anyones back that isnt on the Dudley bandwagon?

Its 2020, not everyone has to agree or be a fan of eveyone or everything. Its their opinion, its not a reflection on you.

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
I think some people just like to act like they don’t know of John Dudley cause or other helpful people cause they like to be able to chest pound and say look at me look at me I shoot or have learned whatever skill all on my own and I’m better than you
Some probably do. I lean towards giving people the benefit of doubt, unless it's super blatant to me. I'm different, I want to come across as a smart guy, that's knowledgable. I've done plenty of things on my own, however having the ability to sift through a lot of "stuff" like this post, efficiently to get nuggets of useful information is what I'm extremely proud of myself for. I don't really care if others are impressed. I want people to get where I am coming from and to be understood. That's my shtick.

Billinsd

WKR
No - what the video is about is making adjustments so BH and FP hit to the same POI so there are no sight adjustments. I'd argue your bow isn't tuned unless they shoot the same (minus potential vertical differences at long range)

I don't do it the way it's done in the video but do it on every bow without fail.
That excellent!!! Thanks.

Gobbler36

WKR
You ever think you look like you have an axe to grid cray up anyones back that isnt on the Dudley bandwagon?

Its 2020, not everyone has to agree or be a fan of eveyone or everything. Its their opinion, its not a reflection on you.
haha You guys are worse than old women, dude im not faulting him for not agreeing with his opinion or liking his archery tactics, thats fine but coming on a thread to discuss his recent business opportunity and trying to discredit his whole career based off a quick informational youtube video is annoying but carry on bud your doing great!

3forks

WKR
I never really considered buying a PSE but shot one last year and was impressed enough to start paying attention to them.

I’ve been shooting Hoyt and now Primes for a lot of years, but shot a PSE NXT EVO 35 not too long ago. I thought it shot great and would consider buying one if I were in the market for a bow this year. Also, in doing some research, those PSE cams are very well thought out.

Brand loyalty is a real factor in deciding what we buy, and it’s difficult for a brands to reinvent themselves or gain market share against their larger competitors. I hope PSE’s partnership with Dudley is successful because it would be great to have another western archery brand besides Hoyt.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Man if that all it takes to discredit someone I wish you good luck in your life. The guy has probably forgotten more archery than you know. Have you shot on the Olympic level yet? Find it humorous that your so hung up on such a small detail

I'm not hung up on it, I just stated that's why I've never seen anything else he's put out "because" of that. No biggie. And then the internet protest crowd jumped all over that. We all make decisions in life for different reasons. But like I said, I just go off of what I'm given. And I was given a guy shooting BH's at his other arrows.......on TV. Olympic experience or otherwise......that's not very bright.

If your favorite archery guru said to move your rest to a 1.5" centershot, would you bow down and obey, or would you think he had lost his mind..........regardless of how many Olympics he's won? LOL.

Billinsd

WKR
haha You guys are worse than old women, dude im not faulting him for not agreeing with his opinion or liking his archery tactics, thats fine but coming on a thread to discuss his recent business opportunity and trying to discredit his whole career based off a quick informational youtube video is annoying but carry on bud your doing great!
The thread started out asking if the talk of John's departure from Hoyt was over dramatized. I'm paraphrasing. It's uncommon for a thread like this not to have some detractors and debate. People criticize others for all kinds of reasons. We all judge. I didn't see anyone trying to discredit his whole career? I tend to listen to how someone talks and judge them more by their intelligence, honesty, education, and sincerity. I'm looking real big picture with people myself.

Billinsd

WKR
If your favorite archery guru said to move your rest to a 1.5" centershot, would you bow down and obey, or would you think he had lost his mind..........regardless of how many Olympics he's won? LOL.
I don't know about others, but this resonates with me. I can't think of one hunting or archery celebrity that's perfect. They are human like me and have flaws.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
but coming on a thread to discuss his recent business opportunity and trying to discredit his whole career based off a quick informational youtube video is annoying but carry on bud your doing great!

You certainly can't be talking about my measly post about shooting BH's at FP's that others absolutely BLEW out of proportion. If you are, you should go back and re-read it all again. My post was a simple one that only involved my own perceptions about the guy from one single 1/2 hour show he put out, and why I've never seen anything else he's done. That's all......nothing more. It could have been any other guy as well for all I know. Seems like there are a lot of guys that shoot their BH's at other arrows. Go for it........do that. No skin off my back. LOL.