Justified shooting? What say you?

NDGuy

WKR
Complete shitshow all around, that shooter is likely F'd and should be.

Don't know about the guy who got killed but the news reports show the baby mama and the shooter were:

1. Having an affair
2. Ugly Divorce
3. Keeping the kids away from the father who got killed with a court ordered custody timeframe.

Horrible horrible story and the guy & gal who escalated things seem like scum of the earth.

Feel awful for the kids under that mom's custody. Have to live in a home with a dude that murdered your dad and was cheating with your mom. Talk about ruined for life...

sndmn11

WKR
I watched the last link from @Broomd with sound and read the article. Victim was there following the order of the court. An order that reportedly the ex-wife and the shooter were disobeying. Sounds real close to false imprisonment/kidnapping depending on the details of where the child was, when, and how he was moved. I would hope the ex-wife is charged as well.

If the shooting didn't happen, and the cops were called, the victim would see zero consequences because he was following the court order. Depending on the responding officer, the ex-wife and the boyfriend could have gotten hooked.

Wapack

FNG
Yikes. And dum-dum shoots back at his house with at least one other person directly in-line of fire. This vid is a bummer on every level. Poor kids. Stupid dudes.

Marble

WKR
Not justified.

The shooter was the aggressor

The guy who got killed is supposed to be there picking up his kids

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Squincher

WKR
Speaking of Rittenhouse, wasn't he found not guilty because folks chased him? In other words, they brought the fight to him and were the aggressors.
The video of this porch incident I watched show a guy leave a situation, go inside a safer place, retrieve a firearm, remove himself from a safe place by exiting through a barrier (door), and menacing a person who was no physical threat with the firearm.
All of that adds up to me seeing the shooter as the aggressor in the situation, and the victim confronting the shooter just like glorious Rittenhouse did. Unlike Rittenhouse, this victim of aggressive action ended up losing. The shooter doesn't have a leg to stand on, and should see a first degree, or whatever premeditated murder is in TX, and it is my personal opinion that responsible gunowners should champion that action.

Two points:

You might have watched an edited video.

He "menaced" a guy who was on his porch and refused to leave despite being told repeatedly to do so. In Texas.

I'll wait to see how this plays out, at least we hear something from law enforcement or the D.A.

sndmn11

WKR
Two points:

You might have watched an edited video.

He "menaced" a guy who was on his porch and refused to leave despite being told repeatedly to do so. In Texas.

I don't think those were edited.

He was there by order of the court if the custody agreement was as reported. I also don't know of any property outside of some federal places where shoot on site is legal.

I didn't see anything menacing, I saw an unarmed person respond to another person shoot a gun at their feet.

Wasn't there another Texas shooting a few years ago where some argument over a mattress in a dumpster resulted in the shooter being arrested?

Last edited:

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
It's a window into the mentality of these people. "I get to wave a gun around to make people do what I want, law be damned, and if they try to take the gun from me then I should be able to claim self-defense." Naw hoss. Castle doctrine doesn't mean you get to point a gun at a trespasser on your lawn and shoot them if they don't leave. Moreso, it doesn'tean you get to point a gun at someone who is lawfully on your property by a court order.

I guess next up we'll have a thread about how landowners up in the checkerboard should be able to shoot corner crossers and claim castle doctrine too.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Lets see now, two hot heads, add firearm to the equation and nothing good could possible come out of it. In the video you can't see what Chad was doing just prior to getting shot but it appeared he had stepped of the porch so Kyle had to take that as a threat and stopped his advance. No idea about the laws there except for the castle doctrine. I'm thinking old Kyle may be facing some charges.