What is this guy shooting?

andersson

FNG
Curious if you readers can identify either the shotgun or the shells for me. I'm having an argument with another editor over this and it's important to me (and readers). This is a possible felony on video, and the argument here is about the firearm and the ammo. Please help i.d. for me what this guy is shooting. THANKS.

OP
andersson

andersson

FNG
It’s a 12 gauge semiautomatic tactical shotgun with extended magazine. Looks like a mossberg or benelli but I’m not sure on the brand. Sorry if that was already obvious
THANK YOU K1United, that is exactly what I'm looking for. The other editor here thinks "bullets" and "shells" are interchangeable and I say no, it's one or the other, and this was NOT bullets! (sheeeesh)

for the sake of the argument no, bullets and shells are not interchangeable. bullets are not used in shotguns. and yes, those are novelty starburst shells.

OP
andersson

andersson

FNG
THANKS, both, I told them a slug (e.g. Midwest cornfield whitetail) is still not a bullet. BUT YOU CAN find brass shells on the ground (!!!) which is not a shotgun shell.

no, a slug is not a bullet. the whole shells and brass thing get mixed up as its really just word play. brass as its referred to in shotgun world goes back to when shells were brass. currently, shells are plastic with a portion of brass. usually referred to as high brass or low brass.
on the rifle/handgun side, some use the term shells, brass, or cartridge to mean a spent cartridge. usually you wouldn't use brass and shells together to signify either. unless of course you happen to have a really old shotgun shell that is brass lol.

OP
andersson

andersson

FNG
As expected, we're getting comments on this story. I'm still hoping for some help with tonight's edit. Thanksbye.

OP
andersson

andersson

FNG
Here’s your huckleberry (benelli m4):

He has an aftermarket magazine tube on it
I owe ya.

Nah, it’s dumb mthrfkrs like that that lite our forests and wildlife on fire every year. Let him burn.
while I agree, I also realize this is being reported on by some that do not have any knowledge of our sport or lingo. hence my effort to clarify terminology. and hopefully we are not put in the same group.

I didn't figure you guys for a paranoid bunch. wow
Ha! You're obviously new here! Paranoia abounds. You are just lucky you didn't ask anyone to identify the location. That there is most likely someone's target shooting/wildfire starting honey hole, and asking to reveal locations would show you how deep the paranoia runs!

(All jokes aside those idiots need caught and dealt with, along with every exploding gender reveal party out there)

Last edited:
Ha! You're obviously new here! Paranoia abounds. You are just lucky you didn't ask anyone to identify the location. That there is most likely someone's target shooting/wildfire starting honey hole, and asking to reveal locations would show you how deep the paranoia runs!

(All jokes aside those idiots need caught and dealt with, along with everything exploding gender reveal party out there)
lol that only applies if there is or might be a BOAL or one was stolen there.