Kauai Archery Hunt Opportunities

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whip off the backstraps, coconut and curry slow cooked, over rice... that's an unbelievable meal.

I took quarters and straps, did a curry and boiled potato recipe in the instant pot. Turned out extremely tender and had really good flavor.

The instapot is the real deal!!

Made pink salmon tonight in it. 4 minutes, lemon, soy sauce, bit of garlic.. unreal good!

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
The instapot is the real deal!!

Made pink salmon tonight in it. 4 minutes, lemon, soy sauce, bit of garlic.. unreal good!

100% I thought it was another Christmas gift from the mother in law that would just sit on the counter that she’d be offended when we didn’t have it out. I was 100% wrong, we use that thing constantly!

OP
B
I’ve never hunted Kauai. I have hunted the crap out of Maui, Lanai, and Molokai.

Best axis deer hunting is in lanai or Molokai. I would pay for the private land hunt on lanai if you can’t get in to the spots. It’s a short plane ride.

Deer and Pigs are what I like to hunt. Goat hunting is like jack rabbit hunting on the mainland... disgusting animals that taste like shit.

Here’s a lanai buck I killed last year.

f9ec833fda1e55f57fb4e4921cb30bf7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry Jardo, I should have been more clear. I am looking for public land hunts. On a side note, I am really looking forward to the meat.

OP
B
I took quarters and straps, did a curry and boiled potato recipe in the instant pot. Turned out extremely tender and had really good flavor.

Not to get ahead of myself, but was transporting the meat back pretty easy? I plan on deboning and putting the meat on ice in a cooler. Is that more or less what you did? If so, any issues with TSA?

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not to get ahead of myself, but was transporting the meat back pretty easy? I plan on deboning and putting the meat on ice in a cooler. Is that more or less what you did? If so, any issues with TSA?
My meat/head and the fish we caught were frozen solid in our condo freezer days before we left. We put it in a big zip-up cooler and checked it like any other baggage. The guy running the organics scanner stopped the bag for a minute but only to congratulate me and take a closer look, he was impressed haha! Easy as that though, no fuss, no extra hassle.

Shockwave31

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve never hunted Kauai. I have hunted the crap out of Maui, Lanai, and Molokai.

Best axis deer hunting is in lanai or Molokai. I would pay for the private land hunt on lanai if you can’t get in to the spots. It’s a short plane ride.

Deer and Pigs are what I like to hunt. Goat hunting is like jack rabbit hunting on the mainland... disgusting animals that taste like shit.

Here’s a lanai buck I killed last year.

f9ec833fda1e55f57fb4e4921cb30bf7.jpg

Looks awesome!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jardo

WKR
Sorry Jardo, I should have been more clear. I am looking for public land hunts. On a side note, I am really looking forward to the meat.

Not very many public land hunts for axis deer. They tend to hang on private land. Pigs are everywhere on public in Maui.

Beendare

WKR
My buddy on the big island kept telling me how good those goats are. We cooked one up that night and it took everything I had to keep it down. The smell alone is enough to make you gag.

Weird.. it shouldn't smell.

My girls love it.

I'd rank it better then mule deer.

Then again that may because I always forget mule deer isn't good and don't take as much care preparing get it. Nowadays all mule deer goes into summer sausage.

Also I don't in general eat any game within 48 hours after killing it.

Tried eating Tahr one time when we got stuck in the tops for a few days and low on supplies. Was like eating shoe leather.