Kayak fishing.

boom

WKR
my wife is totally cool. i dont know what is more addicting: trying to get better at fishing? or actually CATCHING fish. but my wife is pretty cool letting me fish as much as i do.

i am damn near gone 2 days a week..chasing Largemouth Bass. i am surrounded by awesome fisheries. ClearLake (USA's #3 bass lake) and lesser known bodies of water like Lake Berryessa.

what i didnt expect was this tiny golf course lake to have such nice fish. everyone catches dinks..but to get at the big boys, it took some accidental catches to learn the pattern. i randomly tossed a lure into deep water, and it has changed my story for the better. i am crushing them. nobody even notices me out in the middle of the lake. everyone is casting to shore. which i feel is a spring/summer tactic in this lake.

this tiny lake's bass! i got my best CA bass yesterday. i actually caught 6 good bass yesterday!

tomorrow, i am hitting Clearlake, which ironically i have been skunked two out of two times. :( the giant lake is intimidating, almost.

Attachments

• nacho grande.jpg
    nacho grande.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 26

UtahJimmy

WKR
Nice work! Just don't eat golf course fish. Loaded with tons of crap you shouldn't ingest...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
B

boom

WKR
Nice work! Just don't eat golf course fish. Loaded with tons of crap you shouldn't ingest...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
i dont eat any of it. at the Delta, fish and game sprays the floating weeds with Roundup!! i'd grow a third nipple eating that fish.

i hit Clearlake. i got nine big ones!! so difficult in that lake. i was lost, just floating around looking for fish. i got lucky..really lucky.

JoeDirt

WKR
Hows your kayak setup? I kinda want a pedal kayak but they're a chunk of change.

OP
B

boom

WKR
Hows your kayak setup? I kinda want a pedal kayak but they're a chunk of change.
i gpt a Hobie. the Compass. its one of the less expensive ones, but it still hurt. it is super stable. my model, the seat is super low - for a low center of gravity for riding the ocean swells. what that means is it is a bitch to stand up. imagine standing up while sitting on a 4x4 height chair. once up, i am okay. standing up, i am a fart away from going for a swim. i have hopes of going for Lingcod in the ocean around here, so that is why i chose my boat. and dropping crab traps!!

if i was a dedicated freshwater guy, i would have gone a different direction. the seat HAS to be higher.

maybe the Native watercraft Triton 10.5. the seat is a chair!! you just stand.

Warmsy

WKR
Clear lake is tough. You need to use meth as bait. It's gotta be super potent, too. The fish have a high tolerance.

JoeDirt

WKR
i gpt a Hobie. the Compass. its one of the less expensive ones, but it still hurt. it is super stable. my model, the seat is super low - for a low center of gravity for riding the ocean swells. what that means is it is a bitch to stand up. imagine standing up while sitting on a 4x4 height chair. once up, i am okay. standing up, i am a fart away from going for a swim. i have hopes of going for Lingcod in the ocean around here, so that is why i chose my boat. and dropping crab traps!!

if i was a dedicated freshwater guy, i would have gone a different direction. the seat HAS to be higher.

maybe the Native watercraft Triton 10.5. the seat is a chair!! you just stand.
I see guys catching Ling on the Oregon coast with kayaks. I still pay a charter to go out every year. $120 for a limit of Lingcod, rock fish and huge ocean crab isnt too bad!!!