Kids pack options

Seay

FNG
Kuiu had this on sale for $89 a couple months ago. I have a smaller 9 year old and it fits him absolutely perfectly when all the straps are tightened all the way down.

Plus side is it makes an awesome day pack for me when he isn’t tagging along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntin_GI

WKR
My skinny 10 year old daughter uses this one. It fits well and is plenty big enough to carry her sleeping bag, water, and what ever else she may want to bring. We use it for family backpacking trips where I am already loaded down like a cheap mule.

I used the same Deuter Fox 40 for my son. His waist is too thin for buckling, so I took off the buckles amd directly connected the straps to the belt. Worked great.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
We got our kids the REI tarn 40. When I bought them they were on sale for $65. Fits the kids well and has some adjusting it.they seem to fit our 3 ten year olds just fine.

OP
Huntinman57

Huntinman57

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a couple days at a time trip and be able to haul a small amount of weight so he can at least feel like he’s helping pack meat out.

OP
Huntinman57

Huntinman57

Lil-Rokslider
My skinny 10 year old daughter uses this one. It fits well and is plenty big enough to carry her sleeping bag, water, and what ever else she may want to bring. We use it for family backpacking trips where I am already loaded down like a cheap mule.
How is the internal frame?

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
Its a kids bag so the frame isn't very "robust" but when you're only carrying 15lbs its not a huge deal.
Disagree with the comment that it isn't robust.

It's the closest thing you'll find to a Kifaru Duplex frame for a kid.

Here's an album of my then 9 1/2 year old son packing all of his gear, (tarp tent, stakes, sleeping pad, bag, small stove, dehydrated food, water) and a Ruger 10/22 for a weekend trip.

The bag was a 2,400 cubic inch Kifaru Molle Express with the suspension removed, strapped to the Western Edge Gear frame.

He used this setup until he was 13 1/2, started using it at 8 1/2.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

seand

Lil-Rokslider
mystery ranch coulee 40 worked great this year. Was only $130 at sierra trading post. Very adjustable so will continue to fit her as she grows. When she is really big enough to pack an elk quarter, we will look at a heavier duty pack for sure.

IMG_2335.jpeg

Huntin_GI

WKR
Disagree with the comment that it isn't robust.

It's the closest thing you'll find to a Kifaru Duplex frame for a kid.

Here's an album of my then 9 1/2 year old son packing all of his gear, (tarp tent, stakes, sleeping pad, bag, small stove, dehydrated food, water) and a Ruger 10/22 for a weekend trip.

The bag was a 2,400 cubic inch Kifaru Molle Express with the suspension removed, strapped to the Western Edge Gear frame.

He used this setup until he was 13 1/2, started using it at 8 1/2.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
We were talking about the Dueter Fox 40 having a light frame but ok.

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
My son uses the dueter fox. I picked it up on eBay for pretty cheap. He’s also very slim and it works for him.