Kifaru Dominating the Hunting Market

Dazzler

WKR
Just found this but didn’t want to read through the 164 posts.

Are there sales numbers to compare or is this a subjective claim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just found this but didn’t want to read through the 164 posts.

Are there sales numbers to compare or is this a subjective claim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely subjective. No one can honestly say anything definitively unless these companies were publicly traded and they released their financial but all of these companies are small boutiques.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
My only question to the OP is whether he actually tried another pack from another quality manufacturer. In his OP, he said he bought his first Kifaru after using "chinese junk" indicating to me his only comparisons were not adequate to form a fully rounded opinion.

I'm glad his kifaru packs are working well, but if that's your only reference point, it's not even a well formulated opinion.

Lil dude

FNG
Whoa!!!!!! I didn't know people backpacked elk quarters out. Crazy stuff. For $800 you could get a nice daypack and a shi**y pack mule. Then y'all could finally go deep!

But since this is a backpack thread...Im not sure if my non equine set-up would be called a Super Kifaru or what?

I run a kifauru terminator bag, with an evo x-large belt with small buckles and 3 kifaru purses(several colors), then totally throw a stone glacier 6666 on as a lid, and probably even then run a Seek Outside deathlite on my chest backwards as a front pack (it really works awesome). I still have an old mountainsmith fannypack that I strap on my leg since my thighs are bigger now to carry my "kill Kit" efficiently. This setup rides awesome during scouting trips with 150Ibs in can't even feel it! It's a bit bulky for bowhunting if not adjusted correctly. And I finish with my dive knife calf sheath set-up with a Havalon taped onto a sawed off Bubba blade filet knife. Great handle -replaceable blades.

Sweeeeeeet Set-up

Last edited:

Marble

WKR
What sold me on Kifaru originally was snyder's sales pitch in his podcast. But others who were not fanboys of Snyder chimed in and as I listened to the claims of quality and comfort under heavy load, I took the bait and bought one.

Everything I imagined, plus more comfort is what I got. No more sore shoulders, back, hips and arm pits. I can carry twice as much with more comfort. Yes I can. FACT!

I have no doubt the other top brands rock it too. But for me, and what I use it for, my kifaru Cavern does everything I need.

I suspect the popularity for their products with others is similar to mine. American made, tough as nails and they deliver exactly what they promise. Not only do they deliver an awesome product, but they support their customers and constantly put out videos to help them dial in their system and learn how to use the products better. That's a recipe for success with any product.

OP
trophyhill
My only question to the OP is whether he actually tried another pack from another quality manufacturer. In his OP, he said he bought his first Kifaru after using "chinese junk" indicating to me his only comparisons were not adequate to form a fully rounded opinion.

I'm glad his kifaru packs are working well, but if that's your only reference point, it's not even a well formulated opinion.

3 different packs from 2008 to 2012. 3 broken zippers and 1 broken shoulder strap. 4 elk packed out. Not bad for a newbie at the time.

2013 Bikini Frame and DT1. Since then many elk and deer packed out as well as 10 day Backcountry hunts. I don't need anything else to compare too. I recently bought another frame and mounted the original bag. Not even so much as a freyed thread on this bag. I couldn't even count the miles on this set up. Hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
3 different packs from 2008 to 2012. 3 broken zippers and 1 broken shoulder strap. 4 elk packed out. Not bad for a newbie at the time.

2013 Bikini Frame and DT1. Since then many elk and deer packed out as well as 10 day Backcountry hunts. I don't need anything else to compare too. I recently bought another frame and mounted the original bag. Not even so much as a freyed thread on this bag. I couldn't even count the miles on this set up. Hope that answers your question.

What kind of packs were the other ones?

They make great gear, but back away from the kool aid stand. I can count on one hand the number of Kifaru packs I've seen on other hunter's backs in the past 5 years between Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana. They, like other high end pack makers, cater to a niche market. Let's face it, Badlands, Horn Hunter, and Eberlestock packs outnumber high end packs about 100/1 in real world sales and number in circulation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Was just talking to a buddy about this, and about how it seems that 95% or hunting “influencers” use high end packs...but 95% of buyers use what you can get at Cabela’s or Sportsman’s Warehouse.

I have had Kuiu, Kifaru and Stone Glacier. Kifaru was most comfortable with heavy loads, but the pack was bulky and just didn't have the right lay out for my style of hunting. The Kuiu was great layout, light weight, not bulky, but wasn't very comfortable over 50lbs. My stone glacier meets everything in the middle. Comfortable with heavy weights, good layout, not overly bulky or heavy.

In my travels to Colorado elk hunting and Alaska deer hunting, I have never seen another Kifaru pack. Lots of Kuiu, lots of stone glaciers, some Exo, and a pile of other types, mostly Keltys or cabelas frame packs. Met a guy on the trail head in Colorado one year hauling his mule deer out in a Jansport.

I can easily remember when Jansport and Kelty were THE American pack companies, and their products commanded top dollar.

I’ve used other backpacks prior to Kifaru. Had a very painful experience with a badlands. I then found Kifaru packs. Back then they were made in only black color and they had 3 different packs to choose from. I bought a used one to start. I was blown away by the comfort with heavy loads.

I also got into kifarushelters. A wood heated shelter is pretty neat.

Back then Kifaru was almost like a secret club. If you saw someone that used a Kifaru pack it seemed rare and you knew that guy knew his stuff ha.

fast forward a few years to when Aron joined and got Patrick to finally make a pack with pockets! And to do packs in different colors. Kifaru really blew up because of that. Now days a lot of people use Kifaru packs and I see guys with hats and stickers all over. Aron really helped make the secret pack cult known to a bigger audience.

I will always be a Kifaru fan. Their customer service is second to none. American made product and backed by a lifetime warranty! You can’t beat that and oh yea the comfort.

Last edited:
OP
trophyhill
Guys guys......you are telling me to back away from the koolaide, and your argument is because you aren't seeing Kifaru packs on other hunters? Are you serious? Again, I am getting off the roads and not seeing other hunters accept maybe on very rare occasion. I just don't know anyone who goes around looking for and at what other hunters have on their backs. Are you guys killing anything out there? Most of these guys you are running into are probably rookie western hunters from back east who don't know any better but are finding out. Thus the reason they come here and ask about this pack or that pack. I'm trying to help shorten the learning curve so they can concentrate on killing stuff ;)