Kifaru frame with Exo 2000 pack

Finally after months of waiting I'm able to hunt back in northwestern MT. Born and raised in this part of the world, and I have always bought cheaper frames and packs. Finally this yr after stumbling across this site and reading numerous reviews I purchased the Kifaru Duplex Frame and the Exo 2000 bag. Took it out for its first run today. I'm 6'4" 235lbs. I'm glad I went with the Kifaru due to the fact you can get it in the 26" frame. The frame is super comfortable. My shoulders aren't aching like in yrs past. By far the best money I have spent on a frame. It doesn't allow for much crouching and bending, but I knew this before getting it. I got it to be comfortable hiking all day and to pack over hundred pound loads in the steep terrain that is northwest MT. The bag and frame match up great. The bag is a great day runner. I like the simplicity of it and easy access to get into the bag itself. Now I just have to find a bull that will run into my bullet and really put this frame to the test.

I was looking at doing this same thing. Debating on buying a whole set up or just using my Kifaru frame.. got any pics?

OP
E
Very easy to put together 6 compression straps from Kifaru and done. I'm fairly new to this thread I'll try get some pics up.

OP
E
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgView attachment 42927

You can cut the Exo clips off. I left mine on as you can see. They aren't in the way and don't make noise. That way if I buy an Exo frame down the line to try out their clips are still on. 2 straps up top, 2 on each side and I added 1 going over the bottom of the bag. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

TheCougar

WKR
Just search for "franken" on the rokslide forums and you will come up with a thread from SHTF that details the entire thing, including the extra parts you need. The thread is called "frankenpack" I think.

Love my Kifaru Hunter frame with Exo 2000 bag.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 120
  • attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 118