Kifaru Lumbar Pack

I'll buy one if they ever do a re-issue.
I should have bought one before. I had no idea they were going to discontinue them.

kravguy

WKR
Didn't realize they did away with the hellcat. Glad I have mine. It's perfect for my short hunt needs.

jmez

WKR
I'd be really interested in a lumbar pack that'd mount on the duplex frame, similar to the outdoorsmans system. I understand having the frame stays still poking up isn't as low profile as a normal lumbar pack, but it'd still be lower profile than even running a daypack sized bag on the frame, and worth the trade off to be able to pack meat out comfortably. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Just take a lid and attach to the frame.

3 queries and no replies, so ended up buying a Blacks Creek Cure this year for day-hunts that were on the elk and deer menu.

Really wanted a Kifaru but struck out finding one for months.

The Blacks Creek has been just the ticket for this year and I have very few complaints, but when Kifaru offers one in the future will certainly go backto them.

pc3

WKR
For folks in the know did the Scout get much love ? or was the Hell cat a much better bag ?

I looked at the scout on the net and that one looked good too.

I wonder how many orders Kifaru would need up front to say do a run of Hellcats ?

I think if Rokslide members approached them for special run them it would be easier to ask for one of the models they have already done in the past.

Sealee12

Lil-Rokslider
Personally I much prefer my G2 Scout to my hellcat. Scout carries much better and has aluminum stays and great compression straps. My hellcat feels floppy by comparison. When loaded with 15-20 lbs there really is no comparison - Scout all day!

pc3

WKR
Yes thats right the scout had the aluminum stays....that's the one I want, as it will hold a little more and keep it's shape.

Question is how many orders would Kifaru need to get for a run of Scouts to force their hand and make it worth their while ?

If this were to get traction I think we'd all have to agree on which one...I'd get a hell cat if that was all that was made available.....but the scout looks good

OP
G_Tacoma

G_Tacoma

Lil-Rokslider
Yes thats right the scout had the aluminum stays....that's the one I want, as it will hold a little more and keep it's shape.

Question is how many orders would Kifaru need to get for a run of Scouts to force their hand and make it worth their while ?

If this were to get traction I think we'd all have to agree on which one...I'd get a hell cat if that was all that was made available.....but the scout looks good

The more I look at the scout the more I like it

Reactions: pc3

pc3

WKR
Ok for what its worth I have sent an e-mail to Kifaru regarding how many "confirmed" orders they'd need to do a special one off run for us of one of their lumbar packs.

While I personally like the scout due to the aluminum stays (keep shape maybe make it a little more versatile) I'd accept a Hellcat if that's all there was.

If this gets off the ground maybe we have a vote on which would be the preferred offering ?

OP
G_Tacoma

G_Tacoma

Lil-Rokslider
Ok for what its worth I have sent an e-mail to Kifaru regarding how many "confirmed" orders they'd need to do a special one off run for us of one of their lumbar packs.

While I personally like the scout due to the aluminum stays (keep shape maybe make it a little more versatile) I'd accept a Hellcat if that's all there was.

If this gets off the ground maybe we have a vote on which would be the preferred offering ?

Appreciate you throwing this at Kifaru, hopefully they give it a thought

Reactions: pc3

pc3

WKR
I like my scout so much that I would buy a second one if a group buy was proposed.

Thats great that's the one I want as well, the scout.

Any pics of your scout in action ?

I am happy to order one straightaway if the say yes. I'd probably go the coyote tan colour...maybe ranger green. I already have a rg 44 mag. But ill take whatever color they offer. Kryptek would be good too possibly.

Whats the guess folks, if they got orders for 20 would they do it ? or do you think it would need to be more ?

OP
G_Tacoma

G_Tacoma

Lil-Rokslider
Man you guys got me excited for a possible Scout lol. It looks like the perfect pack, hopefully kifaru will help us out. I would think 20 preorders would be enough, but who knows they seem super busy these days.

kravguy

WKR
I would think you guys have a decent chance of getting this deal done. Kifaru previously did a limited run of Scouts maybe 2-3 years ago.

stump06

WKR
09839c3004f439e501e948b818bf13e5.jpg

There’s your answer boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pc3

WKR
Well I am in for one, so 50x is the amount it seems looks like possibly another 5-6 here so that’s probably 7x 43 approx to go 😀

I wonder if Snyder would put the scout up on the website with a note that when it hits 50x orders he’ll do a run ?
That might be my next question
I haven’t checked if they’ve replied to my first email will soon