Kifaru Nomad User Reviews

Bob

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, starting to feel like getting picked last on the sand lot :)

Would a chamber pocket fit on the nomad? Maybe I am misunderstanding how they work but could I put on on the top of the frame with the hardware thats there?

OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

WKR
Would a chamber pocket fit on the nomad? Maybe I am misunderstanding how they work but could I put on on the top of the frame with the hardware thats there?

There are quite a few places you could put a chamber pocket. On the back of the Nomad panel where most guys are running belt pouches would work. You could also run one up high above the top belt pouch. To do this you put the 3 bar sliders through the female end of the top buckles.

lintond

WKR
Just got the call I've been impatiently waiting for...my Nomad is ready! :cool: Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to contribute my thoughts to this thread.

Perfect! Thanks wrench that is exactly what I wanted to see. I emailed to see if I could add on a chamber pocket with the grab it I have coming.

Two question for ya if you dont mind continuing to assist me...

With the wings of the nomad closed you can access the zipper on the chamber pocket right? Just thinking it would be nice when running no lid to stash the small quick access stuff...

Also your putting the three bar slider into the nomad buckle... I have plastic loop deal that the three bar sliders slide through on the top of the frame right above that point. Nothing is in them and I assumed they were for a lid? I am assuming that would a better attachment point if I want it to ride high and access as mentioned above?

colonel00

WKR
jquarnberg, hopefully this answers your questions. Granted, this isn't actually a chamber pocket as it is just a pocket I made but it functions the same.

Here it is mounted to the top mounting spot on the panel where you could mount a belt pouch.

20140224_172750.jpg

Now here it is mounted to the plastic loops. This does cover the buckles so you would just flip it out of the way to get to the buckles like in the second pic.

20140224_172826.jpg

20140224_172847.jpg

Finally, with the wings closed, you should be able to pull it out and stuff it back in. Really though, it will all depend on how full your wings are and how much stuff you have in the pocket.

20140224_172945.jpg

drake7

FNG
Nope, Mandrake camp bags not finished yet.

Aron I am sure I missed the answer to this question but can we revise orders which have not shipped yet to Mandrake? I ordered Highlander but would love to go to Mandrake.

Sorry to waste everyone's time if this has been addressed

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aron I am sure I missed the answer to this question but can we revise orders which have not shipped yet to Mandrake? I ordered Highlander but would love to go to Mandrake.

Sorry to waste everyone's time if this has been addressed

Yep...call Heath at office.

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
Is there going to be this much excitement over the EMRII when it comes out? I'm getting a Barneys with a custom bag made right now, but I still like the idea of the Nomad/EMRII that I can crank down to a daypack size for deer hunts and short jaunts. It's fun reading all the reviews and ideas on the Nomad, but the EMRII is also on my radar...anyone planning on getting one of those, or is the Nomad king?

I was on the fence between a Barneys and an EMR, and after consulting with a buddy who has a love / hate relationship with his Barneys, he convinced me the Kifaru EMR was probably a better fit. I also spent some time with Aron on the phone which solidified my choice.
I have a Sept date with Ketchikan goats and blacktails. I think the EMR is gonna be a great fit.

Lukeis running one on his goat hunt here soon and I'm looking forward to his thoughts on it. I'm sure it will be right up his alley.

jquarnberg, hopefully this answers your questions. Granted, this isn't actually a chamber pocket as it is just a pocket I made but it functions the same.

Thank you that answers my question. The chamber pocket has the zipper on top so when its used like how you have it in the last pic it should be easy to get in and out of. I think it will be perfect for what I want. I tried to add a chamber pocket on to my order yesterday but it had just shipped.

Last edited: