Kifaru pack bag for rifle and tripod

warrbuk

WKR
Im looking for recommendations for a pack bag that will work well to carry my tripod, rifle setup, and a days worth of food and gear.

Used / discontinued bags are fine too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duh

WKR
The Stryker XL has worked well for me. I use their gun bearer straps for my rifle and always have a 85 mm spotting scope with tripod. Usually enough bag to carry a whole deer out too.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
I have a gnargali. It has oversized side pockets. Easily fits rifle stock on one side and tripod on the other. It's a top loader and I. An fit up to a week how I pack.

I use the sherman pouch as well and a large pouch on the lid. Easily stores my quick access items

OP
warrbuk

warrbuk

WKR
The Gnargali would probably work out well, and I would not need anything bigger

What was that old bag that Kifaru had to stop making with the rifle sleeve that was similar to an Eberlestock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wy_will

FNG
Stryker XL would work well for your purpose. Could also add a Sherman pocket or belt pouches for some extra space.

Reactions: Duh

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer a bag that has zippered side pockets for my spotter. I use a 357 mag or 44 mag. Then I don't have to pack my spotter in a case. It's probably 6s when you compare the weigh difference between the spotter case and side pockets weight.

The bedlam is intriguing with one zippered pocket and one open pocket but I have too many bags as it it lol.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Gnargali/dall/44 mag. The xpac packs they discontinued would also work in the 5k, or a rekoning.
The bedlam could have been great but they dropped the ball and only put 1 zippered pocket on the side. It should have 2 zippered and 2 stretch pockets on each side like the exo

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
warrbuk

warrbuk

WKR
I may see if I can pick up a used Gnargali after elk and deer season. I will use my current set up for archery deer and elk. I have an Aoudad hunt in January where I will likely pack a full size tripod daily.

chism717

FNG
Stryker XL paired with a Sherman pocket is an great day pack setup. I'm going to try out a 44 mag this season for a bit more storage space for cold weather gear.

Reactions: Duh