Kimber rifles

gtriple

WKR
Most of the Kimber hate comes from people who have never even shot one. Not all haters fall into that category but most do.
I've shot 2. Neither were my rifles. I like the Kimbers and prior to getting my Fieldcraft, I was actually shopping for one. I'd compare it to an early supercar. They were a b*tch to maintain and make run right compared to the Lamborghini Gallardos and Huracans of today. But when you got one of them purring, there was nothing better.

gtriple

WKR
Exactly. So telling a stranger one is better on an internet forum may not be accurate.
That's why I asked, "better than what"? Not here to argue when the OP hasn't even qualified his question. Who knows what he is actually looking for.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've shot 2. Neither were my rifles. I like the Kimbers and prior to getting my Fieldcraft, I was actually shopping for one. I'd compare it to an early supercar. They were a b*tch to maintain and make run right compared to the Lamborghini Gallardos and Huracans of today. But when you got one of them purring, there was nothing better.
I like the fieldcrafts too, I should have gotten one when they were 1600.00 dollars, not worth the asking price these days at least for me.

gtriple

WKR
I like the fieldcrafts too, I should have gotten one when they were 1600.00 dollars, not worth the asking price these days at least for me.
I should have bought them in every flavor. Lol. I'm looking forward to Barrett bringing them back, but there's absolutely no way they will be sub $2000 guns in today's market. I'd guess they'll be around the mid 2000s

That's why I asked, "better than what"? Not here to argue when the OP hasn't even qualified his question. Who knows what he is actually looking for.
You did ask better than what. Then you listed rifles it was not better than. Then you said depends on what better means.

gtriple

WKR
That’d be a platform delivering a killing bullet I could get behind.

Especially after a drop test.

If it was a 10 round group I’d believe it to be repeatable, mayb.

Three…not so much.
Multiple 3-round groups is absolutely plenty in an ultralight hunting rifle to prove it is repeatable.

Gone4Days

WKR
If it was a 10 round group I’d believe it to be repeatable, mayb.

Three…not so much.
Shooting a 10 rd group with a pencil barrel will be statistically insignificant. The group spreads when barrel heats up after 3 rds (5 max).

My Kimber shoots those groups with first 3 shots every time with those loads. I’ve never shot 10 rds at a game animal.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shooting a 10 rd group with a pencil barrel will be statistically insignificant. The group spreads when barrel heats up after 3 rds (5 max).

My Kimber shoots those groups with first 3 shots every time with those loads. I’ve never shot 10 rds at a game animal.
Wow.

Not factual at all.

gtriple

WKR
It’s funny you post on the UM Tikka rings thread drop test post, but find this data statistically sisignificant.
I'm not sure how my liking the work that Form puts into his testing relevant to this conversation, but I'm not here to argue. If the OP wants to better clarify his question, I may chime in if I can add value. ✌️