Knee Pads for Construction

cnelk

WKR
Anyone have any recommendations on some good knee pads for construction?

I just tossed these in the trash today. They aren’t that old

FE8D244C-3B77-47E7-9CD7-0A2FEA204662.jpeg

Kind of a PITA, but if you do not walk around a lot, the kneeling pads @ home depot are where it is at. When I have to kneel down, it is usually at a certain place with not much moving around. The thick (1 1/2") foam pad is really comfortable.

I am not help on knee pads.

Agross

WKR
I use a pair I got at Menards believe it or not that have actually held up pretty good And aren’t to bad. Don’t know if they make em still or not. They are a softer rubber and are slightly gel filled. When they quit I’ll be getting a pair that the Amish make around here that are leather on the outside and some kind of padded felt like material against your knees. My coworkers have em and they are great. Expensive but worth every penny.

I get these QEP ones from the tile section at home depot for my guys and I. We all like em. We've been on rough concrete since spring so they do get torn up after a while but home depot replaces them for me. Indoors or on smooth surfaces they last a long time

I used to have a pair similar to these that I liked. Never been a fan of the rounded pads or ones that had a strap above the knee. All my work was interior finishes though, no rough surfaces to tear them up too bad.

Agross

WKR
I used to have a pair similar to these that I liked. Never been a fan of the rounded pads or ones that had a strap above the knee. All my work was interior finishes though, no rough surfaces to tear them up too bad.

Those aren’t the same ones but similar to the ones a was referring to as well. But mine had a thinner strap behind the leg. For whatever reason if the strap is to wide or thick it bothers the back of my knees.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Bought a set from LA Police Gear a few years ago, not sure the brand. They’re very comfortable and have held up great.

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
How much of the day are you using? If your double knee pants allow, the inserts may be a good idea. They're always there, but not as padded as a strappy set or a floor pad.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Nooksack

FNG
Proknee https://www.proknee.com/is exspensive, but I know guys who swear by them. I tried some that were custom made for me by the company I was working for. They were very comfortable but not for me.
I’m fortunate and don’t need much padding on my knees to work for days on end on them. Installed two + pallets of luxury vinyl in two weeks 12 hr plus days. I just used the pads stuck in the knees of my carharts. Wore out the pads and pants.

Fatcamp

WKR
These things are pretty cool.

More for doing down work, not up and down.

*zap*

WKR
Arc'teryx knee cap protectors are probably the best strap on pads....personally I prefer to have exterior knee pad pockets on my pants which generally limits me to surplus combat pants...then you have to deal with peoples comments...but they are pretty affordable and I wear out 4-5 pair a year.

Fatcamp

WKR
Arc'teryx knee cap protectors are probably the best strap on pads....personally I prefer to have exterior knee pad pockets on my pants which generally limits me to surplus combat pants...then you have to deal with peoples comments...but they are pretty affordable and I wear out 4-5 pair a year.

Honestly, as someone who has spent years wearing knee pads, I think Arc'teryx suck.

I have had them for a couple years now, and this year spent a lot of time stalking in them. For occasional protection they are ok, but any length of time they do not stay put as well as a lot of other options.

*zap*

WKR
If your selling them cheap let me know.

You have to figure out how to set the straps so they do not loosen. I like mine and have worn them all day at times but prefer the in the pants options.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Kind of a PITA, but if you do not walk around a lot, the kneeling pads @ home depot are where it is at. When I have to kneel down, it is usually at a certain place with not much moving around. The thick (1 1/2") foam pad is really comfortable.

I am not help on knee pads.
Never could stand having those straps around my legs so I made something similar out of Armaflex sheet insulation. I would cut two pieces of 3/4 thick insulation 12"x20" and glue them together with Armaflex adhesive. I had two of them so I could move from one to the other when moving around on my knees. For me that worked real good.

Black Diamond Telekneesis. They are made for telemark skiing but work great for construction. They stay in place and do not cause pinch point. They do not have much padding as they are light weight but they work. I use them for masonry and general construction.

Fatcamp

WKR
If your selling them cheap let me know.

You have to figure out how to set the straps so they do not loosen. I like mine and have worn them all day at times but prefer the in the pants options.

Maybe I will try cranking them down, but in the field they loosened and slid to the side. They also offer little side protection which turned into an issue. It was an epic year for cactus thorns, holy cats that stuff is maddening.

What pants are you using? Are they modern surplus?