Kodiak Bound!!

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow your having a Wide year. I'm assuming/guessing that nanny has a wide spread. I've got a very wide nanny goat mounted at my house. I'm hoping someday to pair her up with a billy. Congrats on busting the curse.

Thanks Chris! Pretty exciting to say the least, and so glad to break the curse. I was thrilled to bring home this big 'ol gal, she will look awesome on the wall with Luke's billy. Stupid question, but do you measure the width at the tips? The length came in at 10.75" but it never occurred to me to measure the width...

Great looking Nanny Becca, looks like shes a fairly old gal in regards to her growth rings.. Glad you guys had a safe trip and the weather cooperated, Congrats and cant wait to see the Mountain Pics!

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok gang...still waiting on most of the photos (as Luke has them on the camera card as he prepares for part two of his Kodiak trip), but here are a few we took with iPhones for easy uploading:

Cory and I with our goats
12A85B52-71E1-4B29-A190-8945C727A655-1423-000000C4A9708C33.jpg

Luke and I fleshing hides. We ended up spiking out with both goats due to fading daylight and heavy fog, while Cory and Tim opted to go back to camp to sleep. We tried to make use of the nice weather the next morning...
B5AA3155-D69A-4F31-B79E-1FDAE62E9A3F-1423-000000C4A066DD41.jpg

The KU5200 got the job done yet again..,
13795E99-6DF5-4F4A-8200-B933837F270E-1423-000000C4B25DF908.jpg

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Luke is off for the next round!

I got home last night, with my goat and half our gear. I was surprised at the sense of closure I felt leaving Kodiak this time, uninjured and after a successful hunt. It's so awesome be able to put the events of two years ago behind us, and finally be able to say I have conquered a Kodiak mountain goat hunt instead of letting it conquer me!

Got to work this morning getting the meat processed and into the freezer, hopefully get some cooked up in the next day or two.
759D6523-AB79-4BA8-B19C-DF4D660EC911-2487-000001944F61B150.jpg

Talked to Luke this morning before he left cell reception, both his buddies made it into Kodiak City on the early flight this morning and they are headed off in search of more goats! I expect to receive updates every day or two via Sat Phone, so I will keep you posted!

muleman

WKR
Glad it went better for you this time around. I really like the picture of you and Luke fleshing the hides, very picturesque.

Last edited:

2rocky

WKR
Very impressed. Becca you set the bar pretty damn high when it comes to a hunting partner, regardless of gender. I'm glad you shook the Kodiak Curse. Keep the pictures and stories coming.

R

rebecca francis

Congrats Becca! That is so cool! What a great goat! And good luck to Luke!

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Luke called last night...he and his two friends were holed up in the tent, apparently they have had heavy rains and stiff wind the last two days. The typical Kodiak weather didn't stop them from getting two billies down yesterday, though! The plan for today involved making lots of trips with heavy loads. He assures me he is being careful and wearing crampons....

luke moffat

Super Moderator
back in town with two big billies the "small" one is just over 9" and the bigger one is every bit of 10". Guess they fidnt want to make it easy on their packer ;) Pics and story to come.

R Miller

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats Becca! Nice Goat on your return to Kodiak. If Luke is with you things die, fact. Congrats on another mountain trip Luke, you are living the life! If you are posting on this thread you are probably one or two dead animals behind this years tally on trips Luke is involved with.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
HAHA....the tally has continued to climb, even two days ago added another to the list, but the animals will be safe from me for atleast 2 weeks as I actually gotta go work for a bit here. :D