KRG Bravo Opinions

Dobermann

WKR
Yes, as per @PNWGATOR instructions
Hi instructions were pretty brief and without detail (no disrespect - I'm still running with the theory that it's more that I'm having a stupid moment, and can't work it out! :)). Did you just retain the screw holes in the stock, and re-drill in the buttpad. Or vice versa? Or something else?

BjornF16

WKR
Hi instructions were pretty brief and without detail (no disrespect - I'm still running with the theory that it's more that I'm having a stupid moment, and can't work it out! :)). Did you just retain the screw holes in the stock, and re-drill in the buttpad. Or vice versa? Or something else?
Yes, poked new holes in the pad to raise it. Used same screw holes to attach.

SouthPaw

WKR
What is the alternative to the Bravo for those using a tikka set up as a long action? Anything with similar weight, ergonomics, features etc?

(And yes being lefty makes this 400% harder)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dobermann

WKR
What is the alternative to the Bravo for those using a tikka set up as a long action? Anything with similar weight, ergonomics, features etc?

(And yes being lefty makes this 400% harder)

What's your reason for wanting an alternative?

Is there anything you don't like about the Bravo, or just want a choice?

(And milling the Bravo to be lefty is fairly easy.)

Wags

WKR
I'm envious, I'm a lefty and my Tikka is a Long Action and they don't offer the Bravo in that configuration yet....

SouthPaw

WKR
What's your reason for wanting an alternative?

Is there anything you don't like about the Bravo, or just want a choice?

(And milling the Bravo to be lefty is fairly easy.)
The bravo cannot fit the tikka set up as a long action. Otherwise I'd mill it no problem.

The bravo cannot fit the tikka set up as a long action. Otherwise I'd mill it no problem.

MDT with their proprietary mags is probably your best bet for a LA T3. You’d have to mill out a HNT26 or LSS.

Dobermann

WKR
Here's my Tikka T3X Superlite, 6.5 Creed, KRG Bravo, Hardy Covert suppressor. Barrel cut and threaded so the thread shoulder ends just in front of the fluting - this ends up with about a 20.5" barrel.

Currently has a Bushnell LRTS 4.5-18 x 44 in Sportsmatch TO84s; I'm not convinced these are the best option for sight picture, so might swap out for the HTO73s, or just get a Medium and High Mountain Tactical Raptor mount to experiment with.

All up (currently without front swivel socket, scope caps, bipod adapter & bipod, or sling), this is sitting at 4.495 kg, or 9.91 lbs. Hoping to be close to 11lbs rifle with everything before sling, but that's a fairly arbitrary goal at this point.

Apologies for the grainy image - fading light and old camera!

Tikka-SL-Bravo-LRTS-4.5-18-May-2022-adj-sml.gif

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
This might help make your decision easier. My 18.5" T3X 6.5 CM with the Area 419 system and SiCo Omega gets the following at 1,184' elevation:

147 ELD-M: avg 2,445 fps

143 ELD-X: avg 2,382 fps

Using an impact speed of greater than or equal to 1,800 fps (for both bullets) as my limit, at 1,184' those bullets reliably upset out to 575 yards and 500 yards, respectively.

At 8,000 feet those ranges extend to 775 yards and 625 yards, respectively.
I’ve got a 20” 6.5 CM that runs factory 140s at around 2600-2625 fps. I shoot 130 TMK at 2800-2825 fps out of the same barrel. That’s about 450’ ASL and it’s a Proof barrel if that matters to you.

That setup is on an ARC Nuc, Manners CS-2 w/ mini chassis, with a heavy 29 ounce optic on it (for now) in Seekins rings. Rifle goes around 9.5 and it’s 11.75 with bipod and suppressor.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
@Formidilosus so where is the weight better spent for improving lethality on a do it all Western rifle, upgrading from the t3x factory stock to the krg bravo or from the swfa 3-9 to a minox zp5 thlr?

Apologies for the delay.

Neither. Ammo and practice is the better spend for lethality. However, for spotting your own shots the KRG helps quite a bit.

Wags

WKR
Here's my Tikka T3X Superlite, 6.5 Creed, KRG Bravo, Hardy Covert suppressor. Barrel cut and threaded so the thread shoulder ends just in front of the fluting - this ends up with about a 20.5" barrel.

Currently has a Bushnell LRTS 4.5-18 x 44 in Sportsmatch TO84s; I'm not convinced these are the best option for sight picture, so might swap out for the HTO73s, or just get a Medium and High Mountain Tactical Raptor mount to experiment with.

All up (currently without front swivel socket, scope caps, bipod adapter & bipod, or sling), this is sitting at 4.495 kg, or 9.91 lbs. Hoping to be close to 11lbs rifle with everything before sling, but that's a fairly arbitrary goal at this point.

Apologies for the grainy image - fading light and old camera!

View attachment 410920

Where’d you find a lefty Bravo for a Tikka? I didn’t see it on their website.

053E7DAD-D050-45E1-8BA8-4F1D98FF1950.jpeg
A reference point since I got my suppressor and scope caps Friday, and this is “done” for now: 11.6# with an empty mag. I could easily drop a pound by switching to an SWFA 3-9 in Seekins lows w/o caps.

I probably won’t lug it up any mountains, but for all of my in-state hunting this will do fine. It isn’t much heavier than the 700 CDL I carried for 12 or so seasons.

20” CTR 6.5 CM
KRG Bravo w/ SRS 4” ARCA
Ultra 7 CB
Medium ARCs
LRHS2
AADMOUNT caps

Dobermann

WKR
View attachment 423052
A reference point since I got my suppressor and scope caps Friday, and this is “done” for now: 11.6# with an empty mag. I could easily drop a pound by switching to an SWFA 3-9 in Seekins lows w/o caps.

I probably won’t lug it up any mountains, but for all of my in-state hunting this will do fine. It isn’t much heavier than the 700 CDL I carried for 12 or so seasons.

20” CTR 6.5 CM
KRG Bravo w/ SRS 4” ARCA
Ultra 7 CB
Medium ARCs
LRHS2
AADMOUNT caps
Nice!

What extra round holder are you using?

I'm not a fan of the elastic ones, given they'll fail in time, but by Hoptic one won't mount to the Bravo, given the stepped-down line ...

Nice!

What extra round holder are you using?

I'm not a fan of the elastic ones, given they'll fail in time, but by Hoptic one won't mount to the Bravo, given the stepped-down line ...
Short Action Precision. I have a bunch, so when it wears out I’ll just slap a new one on the velcro haha.

I’ve been interested in trying a Hoptic or KRG, but I’ve already got cheap SAPs on everything.