KRG Bravo Opinions

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Form, what difference/s are there between 120 g ELD-Ms and the 129 g Superperformance SSTs?

You mean 130gr ELD-M, correct? If so, not a whole lot of difference between it and the 129gr SST terminally. Basically whichever one I could get in mass- they’ll both kill any deer walking.

T28w

WKR
I posted elsewhere, but anyone needing another KRG stock they have blems available for $280 and up.
Damn. They already sold out of the howa. But that was a good deal.
Also, the tikka bravo say short action. If I have a 300 wsm and shaved the bolt stop, will this be an issue?

Last edited:

Dobermann

WKR
You mean 130gr ELD-M, correct? If so, not a whole lot of difference between it and the 129gr SST terminally. Basically whichever one I could get in mass- they’ll both kill any deer walking.
No, I was curious about the 120g ELD-M, as I don't reload ... currently only see 120g and then a jump to 140 g in the ELD-M.

Was wondering about about lighter load options than 140g, so that led me to the 120g ELD-M, or the 129g SSTs -so essentially am curious about the performance of the 120g ELD-Ms on small to medium sized game, and if they'd give up much compared to the 129g SSTs.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
No, I was curious about the 120g ELD-M, as I don't reload ... currently only see 120g and then a jump to 140 g in the ELD-M.

I didn’t even know that loaded that. Like the 123gr, they will be a bit splashy at higher impact velocities. They’ll probably kill fine, but meat loss if you hit bone at closer ranges will be a problem.

Dobermann

WKR
I didn’t even know that loaded that. Like the 123gr, they will be a bit splashy at higher impact velocities. They’ll probably kill fine, but meat loss if you hit bone at closer ranges will be a problem.
Thanks Form, any benefit of the 129g SSTs over the 120g ELD-Ms in that context?

Hey guys, anybody have issues shooting the KRG lefty? The cheek riser adjustment knob looks like it could bite into your face. Thinking of setting up a 6.5CM for my daughter, and she shoots righty, but I'd like to be able to shoot it as well.

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, anybody have issues shooting the KRG lefty? The cheek riser adjustment knob looks like it could bite into your face. Thinking of setting up a 6.5CM for my daughter, and she shoots righty, but I'd like to be able to shoot it as well.
Replace the knob with one of the butt pad screws that comes with the Bravo. Same thread pitch. I shoot lefty on a right handed Bravo and have done this to both of mine. It also makes the stock slick-sided which slips into a side pocket of a pack better.

SouthPaw

WKR
Zero issues shooting the Bravo lefty, even with the standard adjustment knob in place and the cheek riser at the lowest position. If the gun is a left handed action you will need to mill out the chassis to allow for left side bolt handle. Takes 10 minutes with a mill machine.

Dobermann

WKR

ridgeline

FNG
They are all dirty duty killing rigs, that are also fun to play with on rocks and steel, all of them are absolute drills...
Top Tikka stainless lite 308 at 18" 155 Eld-M's and 155 Scenars.
Second from top R700 .264 Kreed' at 21" 147 EldM's.
Third from top R700 7-08AI 1:9" at 22" Horn 162 Amax.
Bottom Howa 6BR 1:7" at 20" Horn 110 A tips, Sierra 110 HPBT, Horn 108 Eld-M's.
Butt pad was raised up and re-attached with original hardware in original holes....

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I used a die grinder and file to notch this one for a left hand tikka. Filled the other side with jb weld stick. Just wish I could shoot it, but Mcgowen can't get the headspace correct on their prefit barrels.

Attachments

• 20221102_204938.jpg
    20221102_204938.jpg
    601.3 KB · Views: 95
Just ordered one. Does it come with rear stud so I can use a sling with it or does that need to be purchased separate? Can't figure it out