kuiu backorder times

Status
Not open for further replies.

charvey9

WKR
I remember the bino harness were backordered for like 6 months...maybe longer. I've inquired to KUIU customer service several times about some items, and they say they aren't sure when they will get them back in stock but get a shipment about ever 3-4 weeks.

jm1607

WKR
After waiting for my Attack Pants for 9 months I called them and told them I'm done waiting :( Found some on Ebay eventually.. This was a while back, before they moved to China

jherald

WKR
Supposedly the Gaiters are supposed to be in next week :confused: Among other items. Who knows. Last time they had a date for gaiters they said March several months ago. March has come and gone, now april.

OP
Tim M

Tim M

Lil-Rokslider
Supposedly the Gaiters are supposed to be in next week :confused: Among other items. Who knows. Last time they had a date for gaiters they said March several months ago. March has come and gone, now april.

ya they told me all the colors except vias are supposed to be in this week but that vias would not be in until maby june... but the guy said he hoped i would have it by my hunt.

Mtnboy

WKR
It's April and they hope it's gonna be here by your hunt!?!?

Wow....

lintond

WKR
This is the #1 reason I won't buy Kuiu. I'm glad I cancelled my gaiter orders a while back because I still wouldn't have them. Customer service told me they get a shipment every 3-4 weeks but they don't know what they are getting until it arrives. WTF how do you run a business and not know when you'll have certain products??

Ksbowhtr

FNG
This is why I have not ordered any Kuiu as we'll. Like it or not, we live in a society that is very impatient. When most people decide to buy something, they don't want to wait months to get it. Kuiu keeps offering new products, but due to poor supply chain management, can't deliver the products they already have. They make a good product, but this flaw could kill the company.

BigSurArcher

Banned
This is why I have not ordered any Kuiu as we'll. Like it or not, we live in a society that is very impatient. When most people decide to buy something, they don't want to wait months to get it. Kuiu keeps offering new products, but due to poor supply chain management, can't deliver the products they already have. They make a good product, but this flaw could kill the company.

Excluding Merino, 93% of all style/color/size options are in stock. Aside from gaiters and XL bino harnesses, 2014 inventory has been very good compared to past years- and it will continue to improve.

OP
Tim M

Tim M

Lil-Rokslider
Whys everyone in a fuss about kuiu gators? are they better than any other gator on the market or something I'm missing?

Its not that they are better or worse, i just really like the materials and construction. also how they fit me and how easy they are to put on or take off, just dissapointed that i ordered them the beginning of january and still have no idea when i wil be receiving them.

Excluding Merino, 93% of all style/color/size options are in stock. Aside from gaiters and XL bino harnesses, 2014 inventory has been very good compared to past years- and it will continue to improve.

I hope you're right, I really like the Kuiu products but not impressed with some of the wait times. That being said the longest wait time I've had to endure for a new product has been for my Kifaru Bikini frame and bag. :)

mobilefamily

Lil-Rokslider
Their continued lack of inventory is beyond ridiculous. I cancelled my open backorder after waiting a month.

Is it safe to guess that the situation won't change until the West Coast port strike gets resolved? Presumably they have some gear in those ships waiting to unload?

Part of the 7% out of stock is the guide jacket. They need some larges in stock! :)

n2horns

WKR
Sometimes I feel that Jason's transparency is not so transparent. There is something behind the scenes that prevents inventory to be on time / in stock vs perpetual back order.

Status
Not open for further replies.