Kuiu "Made in China"

• Continue to support

Votes: 88 52.4%
  • Find a new option

Votes: 80 47.6%

• Total voters

AZ Vince

WKR
I didn't read all of the posts in this thread. I wish to make one point. I wish our government would stop forcing (yes, I mean forcing) American businesses to "have" to operate overseas. If our politicians would back off of their silly little crusade to see to it everybody else gets their "fair share" of someone else's hard labors, risk, investments, etc., then businesses would not be forced to "go overseas". I have been an American soldier for almost 29 years. Anymore, it almost makes me sick when I hear "buy American". The new phrase should be, "politicians back off so our entrepenours can hire Americans to manufacture American made products". Some businesses could stay completely within CONUS and still make a profit. Why would they when they can be more profitable going overseas. Businesses are "in business" for one reason and one reason only. They are in business to generate as much income/profit as possible for the owner(s)/shareholder(s) and nothing more. Creating jobs and benefitting the tax base, etc., etc., are only ancillary benefits to the risk takers of the world taking their shot to do well. I'm sure I've ruffled some feathers; but, I'm sick of hearing our politicians (not those on here) pointing the finger at corporations for moving their operations overseas without divulging the fact that the reason this occurs is that our politicians create an unfriendly environment for people willing to take their shot.
One of the best post on this thread and very true.

jm1607

WKR
Dang, this thread got resurrected from the dead..

I like how my old Kuiu stuff said "Made in Canada" in big letters and had a huge maple leaf on it..

Now it says made in China so small I have to squint to see it.. It's like reading the bottom of the screen during a prescription pill commercial..

Why don't they put a Chinese flag on it?

Wild things USA that was mentioned are well known in the mountaineering world as making bomber gear and clothing. They make a a soft shell pant (as well as other interesting looking clothes) in coyote or multi cam that weighs 20 oz (vs 18.5 Attack pant) that looks pretty solid. I will probably try them out . I like many have gear and clothes made overseas and I will use it until it fails as I do with all my gear BUT I try to buy American if the gear is quality even if it costs a little more money . Kifaru has made a few clothing pieces such as a pull over puffy jacket (Mel has 1 and it seems solid)and I think they should start a whole clothing line. I would buy it !

Wild things USA that was mentioned are well known in the mountaineering world as making bomber gear and clothing. They make a a soft shell pant (as well as other interesting looking clothes) in coyote or multi cam that weighs 20 oz (vs 18.5 Attack pant) that looks pretty solid. I will probably try them out . I like many have gear and clothes made overseas and I will use it until it fails as I do with all my gear BUT I try to buy American if the gear is quality even if it costs a little more money . Kifaru has made a few clothing pieces such as a pull over puffy jacket (Mel has 1 and it seems solid)and I think they should start a whole clothing line. I would buy it !

I have a Kifaru pac lock jacket. It is my favorite puffy jacket! Absolutely badass. I would love Kifaru to produce clothing garments again.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Does anyone make their clothes in the us? I thought fl sitka kuiu and everything else was all made their

All made in China in your list.

There is a list somewhere, try a search as I can't remember them all.

Gar

FNG
KUIU made in China products!

I know this thread is a few years old, but I just wanted to add my two cents. KUIU is a communist sympathizer as far as I am concerned! I will never visit their retail store again, or purchase ANY of their products! I was in their store a few days ago and though the employes are very nice, the line of BS that I was fed by one emploee about there "not being any US manufactures that can make the products they sell," Is just that, a line of corporate BS!!

China is a communist country that restricts most if not all the freedoms we now enjoy, and they are not a U.S. ally, they have strategic long range plans to take us out one day. Why any America would support any company that lowers themselves to use Chinese slaves to make their products cheaper so the American CEO's can make more money is beyond me.

If American consumers do not take a stand and refuse to buy Chinese made products, then American people will one day be Chinese slaves! And for the record, I have nothing against the Chinese people themselves, its their government (OK a little blame goes to the people for allowing their government to exist). Bottom line, if you really need it, or must have it and its not made any place else but China, than make it yourself!

For an eye opening look at what is happening, check out this video:

https://youtu.be/W0VjwU8cWEw

OK, I feel better now, rant over.

Gar

Kuiu "Made in China"

W
I know this thread is a few years old, but I just wanted to add my two cents. KUIU is a communist sympathizer as far as I am concerned! I will never visit their retail store again, or purchase ANY of their products! I was in their store a few days ago and though the employes are very nice, the line of BS that I was fed by one emploee about there "not being any US manufactures that can make the products they sell," Is just that, a line of corporate BS!!

China is a communist country that restricts most if not all the freedoms we now enjoy, and they are not a U.S. ally, they have strategic long range plans to take us out one day. Why any America would support any company that lowers themselves to use Chinese slaves to make their products cheaper so the American CEO's can make more money is beyond me.

If American consumers do not take a stand and refuse to buy Chinese made products, then American people will one day be Chinese slaves! And for the record, I have nothing against the Chinese people themselves, its their government (OK a little blame goes to the people for allowing their government to exist). Bottom line, if you really need it, or must have it and its not made any place else but China, than make it yourself!

Gar

Well in fairness to the poor guy your bashing he is right... A lot of, if not all their clothes contain either wool outsourced from New Zealand or Torah fabrics, which are made in China, so yes people in the U.S. Cannot make what they have.

I fully understand the desire to buy American whenever possible, and do so when I can but to condemn anyone for buying overseas products is foolish.. What did you type this up on? Did you DRIVE to work to pay for what you have? What clothes are you currently wearing as you type?? You don't like Kuiu? I've got no problem with that, but if you don't like them for the reasons you have stated you better start disliking Sitka, kryptek, first lite and basically any other "technical hunting" clothing maker.

Same thing happened to Arc'teryx a number of years ago. They made their gear in North Vancouver but could not keep up with demand. It wasn't a matter of profit (even though I'm sure they made a pretty penny moving production to China), it is due to the fact that they had hired all the skilled workers in this field. They simply could not find workers that were skilled enough to make the garments to their high standards. When you don't have the workers, it is kinda hard to produce a product.
I agree... Buy American when you can. Support our manufacturers... But be realistic. In the textiles industry the USA just doesn't compete at a high enough level to produce the yields bigger companies demand.

Trial153

WKR
Ok I admit I am not a Kuiu fan ...and I agree buy American.
Now tell me who sells American made high end hunting cloths on par with Sitka and kuiu?

Ok I admit I am not a Kuiu fan ...and I agree buy American.
Now tell me who sells American made high end hunting cloths on par with Sitka and kuiu?

If your married to camo zero, on par with that level of technical gear. You could do it in neutral solids, but you'd be paying a pretty steep price for it.

Hootsma

Lil-Rokslider
DayOne Camo and Gray Wolf Woolens offer American made hunting/camo garments. I don't know if the material and thread they use is American made, but they are definitely sewn here in the US. I own products by both companies that are going on 10 years old now and they are still in great shape.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
DayOne Camo and Gray Wolf Woolens offer American made hunting/camo garments. I don't know if the material and thread they use is American made, but they are definitely sewn here in the US. I own products by both companies that are going on 10 years old now and they are still in great shape.
These are not technical clothing though

bivouaclarry

Lil-Rokslider

Gar

Slaves? You revive a years old thread to tell the fine people of Rokslide that they are going to become slaves to Chinese imperialism? For the love of god man, why didn't you do it on a company thread for a recent convert like Mystery Ranch? They at least have just moved their production overseas.

Hootsma

Lil-Rokslider
These are not technical clothing though

These 2 companies offer garments in materials that seem to me to be "technical". Gray Wolf has Wolf Skin which is a polyester material that has some stretch to it, is silent, absorbs very little water, drys quickly and is very wind resistant. DayOne has Cowboy Suede which has similar properties. The garments I have from these companies are older versions of these materials, so I can't speak specifically about these new materials. But, if they are truly an improvement on what I have, then they should be great for hunting.

I guess you are going to have to define "technical" so that we are all on the same page.

Scot E

Lil-Rokslider
FWIW, I work with a number of other manufacturers in the fabric markets. In today's world if you have a good product it is nearly impossible to keep up with demand by relying solely on American manufacturing. I'm not making any blanket statements, I know there are exceptions. But to compete with quantity, and we all know price, it is just very hard.

I know specifically of additional situations where the same problem has reared its ugly head and there was no other option but to go over seas. If anything it should show how far our manufacturing sector has fallen. Also, the end product was always as good and often times better than what my people were getting made here.

I can't comment on how he has handled things.

BTW, I don't own 1 piece of Kuiu gear, just stating what I have seen.

jm1607

WKR
I buy made in USA as much as possible, but clothing is the one area that's really tough to find good technical clothing in..

I think my gear list is 100% USA (or as much as possible, I'm sure manufacturers get some of their materials from China) except for my clothing..

But, I don't buy Kuiu for other reasons.. Such as awful business practices, lying to their consumers, and being elitist d-bags..

啊你傻 roundeyes 、我们自己的您 ! 都在这里所作 ROC 、习惯 ... 甚至你 Kuiu 攻击讨厌的。 我们购买的所有的酒庄和很快你就会没有酒 , 因为我们喝的。 你想买美国的 , 我们自己的很多 , 太。 你使我们捧腹大笑。