Kuiu new $900 coat

The King of the mountain Standmaster is around $1300 now. I bought one used. I don't see myself ever wearing it out....even if I hunted a lot in really cold weather. It's an outstanding piece of gear in my opinion.

mwh624

FNG
For those of you that bought the Kuiu jacket, did you look at the comparably priced Sitka Blizzard Aerolite jacket?
Was there any one particular thing that drove you to choose Kuiu and not the Sitka jacket?

Or vice versa if you bought the Blizzard Aerolite instead of the Burner?

Should be an interesting trade off. Probably the premier products from the top companies in the hunting clothing business space.
The blizzard isn't as warm as the Kuiu jacket and doesn't pack as nice. It's also not as warm as the Sitka Down WS hoody for that matter.

But the Gore-Tex is nice and it's much heavier duty jacket.

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
I was given the Sitka Down WS Hoody as a gift- I couldn't ever imagine needing more. And I take some long walks all winter in Montana. It basically stays in my pack unless I'm stopping to glass or I throw it in as a survival item on late season hunts. If I got hurt and had to stay out, I think it could keep you alive on most nights. Obviously it is susceptible to getting wet.

I would wear the shit out of this jacket and would bring it on probably all of my hunts from late September on, if someone gave me one. Awesome jacket but there's no way I'd ever spend this much money on one piece of hunting clothing.