Kuiu new $900 coat

TSAMP

WKR
It's funny I saw it and thought. What if I bought 2 ultras. And sure enough right in the description it says warmer than 3 layered ultras! Lol.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
So this is a $1600 if Sitka built it by their logic? Holy freaking cow. A box baffle superdown parka (without stupid pit zips on a static insulation piece) with a WB shell is sweet. But damn that's just so, so much $ for a jacket. Imagine if you got a camo one you wore 1x month out of the year! I'll get out ahead of the "then don't buy it" crowd and just put it out there - not buying.

mlgc20

WKR
It's funny I saw it and thought. What if I bought 2 ultras. And sure enough right in the description it says warmer than 3 layered ultras! Lol.

They also have a "Layering Example" for "Extreme Cold"...

Base Layer: Ultra Merino 145 Zip
Mid Layer: Peloton 200
Mid Layer Insulation: Kenai Jacket
Outer Layer: Burner Parka

So, you would essentially be wearing 3 Super Down Ultras plus a Kenai. Wow!

Moserkr

WKR
They also have a "Layering Example" for "Extreme Cold"...

Base Layer: Ultra Merino 145 Zip
Mid Layer: Peloton 200
Mid Layer Insulation: Kenai Jacket
Outer Layer: Burner Parka

So, you would essentially be wearing 3 Super Down Ultras plus a Kenai. Wow!
PLUS a waterproof jacket technically. I could only see this as worth if it living above the arctic circle in the dead of winter. Crazy otherwise.

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
So its basically a camo version of the montbell permafrost at double the price. Same fill oz. Same 30D waterproof goretex.
Not really. 9.5oz of 800 down isn’t even close to 10oz of 850.

Don’t get me wrong $800 is outrageous but that being said the materials used are unmatched.

Amazing mankind has survived this long.
I mean how could you live without it?

Damn you beat me to it! I was gonna say, good thing nobody went out into the cold before this jacket. Holy hell that’s expensive. Most people’s whole kit doesn’t cost that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2531usmc

WKR
But you know, that company “Canadian Goose” has a whole range of insulated coats and jackets that range from $700 to $1300. Kids coats costing that much also.

so I guess more people than you would think can drop that kind of coin on a coat. either that or they want you to think they have that kind of money.

i think we just had a similar thread on the cost of houses