Kuiu Peloton 200 compared to 97

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
Question concerning the kuiu peloton 200 vs 97. Is the 200 simply a thicker 97? Are they made from the same fabric, just one is heavier? How much warmer is the 200 than the 97? Looking at this as a mid layer. Typical hunting scenario is mid November, temps in the teens to low 20’s. Walking rolling hills and ridge lines, then sitting for an hour or so, then walking again. Thank you. -Rufus

*zap*

WKR
97 hoodie is a must have for me to walk in whitetail hunting in cold weather. Nice to have most other times when it is under 60°. Awesome for cooler weather hiking also.

I own both and agree with @ChrisAU.
My Peloton 200 seems to have a looser fit. I added a kangaroo pocket so it fits and feels like an old school slouch hoody. It's a pretty cozy piece on nice fall days.

OP
R

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. Looks like the 97 is the way to go. Thanks. -Rufus

Pizza Guy

FNG
I also have both the 97 and the 200, in addition to the 240. They are all great. I'd say the 200 thickness is similar to your basic Under Armour sweatshirt. The 200 layers well over the 97.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Question concerning the kuiu peloton 200 vs 97. Is the 200 simply a thicker 97? Are they made from the same fabric, just one is heavier? How much warmer is the 200 than the 97? Looking at this as a mid layer. Typical hunting scenario is mid November, temps in the teens to low 20’s. Walking rolling hills and ridge lines, then sitting for an hour or so, then walking again. Thank you. -Rufus
Check out FORLOH's newest piece: more sizes coming soon - this is pre-launched :)

Men's AllClima Stretch Woven Jacket​

Check out FORLOH's newest piece: more sizes coming soon - this is pre-launched :)

I really want to like Forloh but you guys don't seem to have any real direction. First off, this jacket, while nice, isn't a comparable product to the 200 or the 97. Not even close.

Secondly, you don't offer any real mid layer in your lineup. It blows my mind that you don't have an Alpha Direct piece. Which would actually compare to the 200 and the 97.

And while I'm at it, your name FORLOH means FOR Love Of Hunting. Which is great but you have swimsuits, fishing t shirts, axes, culinary sets and still no real mid layers or gloves for hunting. I hate to be critical but it just doesn't make sense to me.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I really want to like Forloh but you guys don't seem to have any real direction. First off, this jacket, while nice, isn't a comparable product to the 200 or the 97. Not even close.

Secondly, you don't offer any real mid layer in your lineup. It blows my mind that you don't have an Alpha Direct piece. Which would actually compare to the 200 and the 97.

And while I'm at it, your name FORLOH means FOR Love Of Hunting. Which is great but you have swimsuits, fishing t shirts, axes, culinary sets and still no real mid layers or gloves for hunting. I hate to be critical but it just doesn't make sense to me.
Thanks so much for the feedback. As a start-up we are still building out our line and working on mid-layer options for you guys. 100% sourced and made in America does take time. But good news, gloves are coming soon!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I assume your are talking about the peloton 200 and not the pro merino 200 correct? Agree with what has been said and to better describe the 97 fabric it's a thin looser weave face with the same loft fibers on the inside. Being a little less warm than the 200 it breathes much better which is probably why so many prefer it. Size up, it runs small even on the kuiu scale.

OP
R

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
I assume your are talking about the peloton 200 and not the pro merino 200 correct? Agree with what has been said and to better describe the 97 fabric it's a thin looser weave face with the same loft fibers on the inside. Being a little less warm than the 200 it breathes much better which is probably why so many prefer it. Size up, it runs small even on the kuiu

You are correct that it was the peloton that I was referring to. Based on what has been said, I think the 97 is the best option for me. Mainly (in my mind, anyway) I want this to be a layer over a 150 wt merino hoodie for use while walking. Think breathability is most important for this layer. Slowly trying to build a clothing system from the ground up. Lots to learn. Thanks. -Rufus

OP
R

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
97 hoodie. (y)
Thanks Zap. Actually, you were probably the most influential for me looking at the 97. I’ve seen several posts where you have spoke highly of that article of clothing. You and mtwarden. Appreciate that. -Rufus

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
Love the 97 but the 200 just doesn’t really fit in with my system. It is a looser fit and boxier cut so to me it didn’t feel as warm but has a little harder faced fabric that doesn’t breath as well. Comfy for wearing around the house though. I bought the 200 for throwing on over my 97 in a treestand for temps in the mid 40s and I felt it didn’t really contribute anything. Bought the 240 and that was perfect for taking the chill off and cuts wind. Merino base with a 97 and the 240 on top gets me through most of bow season in the Midwest

This doesn't have anything to do with the Kuiu question that was asked.

Back to the original question, I can't answer to the 97, but I love the 200. Unlike @Smallie I find it fits me super well, and is kind of like a 12 gauge.... it just works for a ton of situations. I'm guessing the 97 is like a 20 gauge... Just as versatile, while a little lighter and trimmer.