Kuiu Peloton 97 vs FL Kiln 250 Hoodies

Also trying to decide between the peleton 200 vs 97 here in south africa.Cold in the morning and then heats up during the day. .. And cools down again late afternoon

Bringing this back up to the top..

- Are there any advantages to the Kiln other than the merino won't smell?

- Does anyone wear the peloton next to skin? I mainly read about people using it as a mid.

- Any difference in durability?

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Bringing this back up to the top..

- Are there any advantages to the Kiln other than the merino won't smell?

- Does anyone wear the peloton next to skin? I mainly read about people using it as a mid.

- Any difference in durability?

- Are there any advantages to the Kiln other than the merino won't smell? - I don't think so, unless you are talking for next to skin.

- Does anyone wear the peloton next to skin? I mainly read about people using it as a mid. - No. I wear it over a First Lite Wick 150 short sleeve.

- Any difference in durability? - I'd say the 97 is more susceptible to snags, but I haven't shredded one.

- Are there any advantages to the Kiln other than the merino won't smell? - I don't think so, unless you are talking for next to skin.

- Does anyone wear the peloton next to skin? I mainly read about people using it as a mid. - No. I wear it over a First Lite Wick 150 short sleeve.

Isn’t the point of your next to skin layer to dry quickly (so it’s not holding moisture against your skin)? And the synthetic peloton dries much more quickly than merino. So wouldn’t the peloton be better than merino next to your skin?

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Isn’t the point of your next to skin layer to dry quickly (so it’s not holding moisture against your skin)? And the synthetic peloton dries much more quickly than merino. So wouldn’t the peloton be better than merino next to your skin?

Not on a 7 day backpack hunt. I would throw up from my own scent in the Peloton within 2-3 days if it were my next to skin layer. Unless its below freezing I generally will be in just my merino t-shirt up top if hiking. I then let it dry a bit before layering up if I become stationary.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I liked my 97 next to skin, more comfortable than merino. I don’t have much issue with stink in any material.