KUIU Super Down vs. Western Mountaineering Badger, 15-degree bags

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
How/why do you reconcile that the WM bag is 7 Oz more but sleeps colder? Seems odd unless it's just the fabric difference
I can’t say why, but I think there’s more to performance than amount of insulation like how much dead air space in a bag, fit. and other variables.

sneaky

"DADDY"
How/why do you reconcile that the WM bag is 7 Oz more but sleeps colder? Seems odd unless it's just the fabric difference
Baffle orientation, the SG bag is smaller internally than the Badger, and Robby sleeps cold too lol. The dead space in the bag is probably the number one factor. Unless you fill it up with clothes or something, it's just more energy you have to burn warming up the inside of the bag.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
Finally go the Kuiu 0 degree out. 3 nights with temps into the teens. I was perfectly warm. Only slept in base layers. Only time I felt cool is if I went off my pad which is to be expected. The bag was worth every penny.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Finally go the Kuiu 0 degree out. 3 nights with temps into the teens. I was perfectly warm. Only slept in base layers. Only time I felt cool is if I went off my pad which is to be expected. The bag was worth every penny.
thanks for sharing your experience. very helpful