Lacing technique

jolemons

WKR
Trying out a pair of boots and an having a problem that I've never experienced. I'm rubbing on one foot on the ball between my big toe and arch. I've tried different lacing techniques with no resolve. I have slightly more play in the foot box than usual with use of medium volume insoles. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Are you positive you are rubbing or sliding and not actually pinning your foot and overworking the tendons? Only asking because I have a pair of boots that used to do the same thing and come to find out I was lacing too tight and actually working the tendons and ligaments there instead of letting my foot move like it needed too. This was partially caused by my lacing and partially due to my calf not moving and being bound up with fascia. My big toe ended up going numb for a year and a half before I figured out what was going on.

The boots could also be a half or full size too small and the boot flex point isn't lining up with where your foot is trying to bend and overworking because of that.

I swore for years my foot was moving side to side just because the ball always burned but it never blistered or wore off the caulus.

OP
jolemons

jolemons

WKR
Are you positive you are rubbing or sliding and not actually pinning your foot and overworking the tendons? Only asking because I have a pair of boots that used to do the same thing and come to find out I was lacing too tight and actually working the tendons and ligaments there instead of letting my foot move like it needed too. This was partially caused by my lacing and partially due to my calf not moving and being bound up with fascia. My big toe ended up going numb for a year and a half before I figured out what was going on.

The boots could also be a half or full size too small and the boot flex point isn't lining up with where your foot is trying to bend and overworking because of that.

I swore for years my foot was moving side to side just because the ball always burned but it never blistered or wore off the caulus.
I'm not sure, but it feels that way. I've been experimenting with looser and tighter lacing. The boots are a half size too big and although a D width, they seem wide for my narrow feet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk