Large Bachelor Group

TaperPin

WKR
Cool picture! Pretty young deer - the old loner buck bedded in the PJ that can’t be seen warned them not to bunch up, but they said, “old man you don’t know nuttin - ain’t nobody gonna pop a cap in our ass.” Lol

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
Yes colorado. 3 of them looks to have blue tongue..seen a lot bigger deer over the two weeks but this was the best group we seen.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Interesting, I know little to nothing about BT, but thought it was more prevalent in whitetail populations, will those bucks who have been infected survive? Or did they survive and the result is some jacked up racks?

chindits

WKR
These viruses act quickly with symptoms developing approximately a week after infection and death occurring within 48 hours of symptoms developing. Intermediate symptoms include weakness and lethargy, unresponsiveness, fever, and edema. The associated fever often drives weakened deer to seek out water, and victims of these illnesses are often found dead next to or in water. While EHD is most often fatal for deer, some do survive and develop immunity to the virus.

Per this link

chindits

WKR
I’m sorry it looks like EHD and BT are different, I’ll try to find something else

EHD and BT are commonly associated with the southeastern, midwestern, and Great Plains states, though cases have been reported further north into Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, and recently New Hampshire and Vermont. These diseases have not yet been detected in Maine.

chindits

WKR
I’m sorry it looks like EHD and BT are different, I’ll try to find something else

EHD and BT are commonly associated with the southeastern, midwestern, and Great Plains states, though cases have been reported further north into Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, and recently New Hampshire and Vermont. These diseases have not yet been detected in Maine.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Interesting, I know little to nothing about BT, but thought it was more prevalent in whitetail populations, will those bucks who have been infected survive? Or did they survive and the result is some jacked up racks?
We've had a couple bad outbreaks in WA over the years and mule deer definitely have a better survival rate than whitetail, but there are always quite a few cactus bucks that get killed that year.