Larry Willis Digital Head space gauge

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone use this or have any input? I'm thinking about ordering one and try it out vs my caliper setup now.

rayporter

WKR
it should work like a champ. but i dont see it doing anything a caliper and a Hornady headspace bushing wont do. heck have i used plain bushings that were big enough to slip over the neck to get the job done.

the best gauge you can have is your chamber and your bolt. measure a cartridge that has been fired at least twice [ or more] in your chamber [before you size]

or if you are using good brass and are familiar with your dies just size the case till the bolt barley closes and be done with it. no gauge needed.

measuring to .0001 is not going to gain you a thing.

OP
J

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Ray! Thats what I was wondering if i was just wasting money on something that wont gain me anything!

rayporter

WKR
there is a lot of folks that just slip one in the chamber and close the bolt to check it [me too] but you must be cautious doing that. if you get a grain of powder in there or something like a bristle off the brush, it can trick you into sizing more than you want. measuring will catch that.