Last minute statistics homework

bdg848

WKR
I know the draw is coming quickly for Wyoming, and I had my units picked out but I just thought I would double check one thing. How can I find out what last years tag quotas were for a certain unit? And then I can compare it to this years quota and see if last years draw odds will be comparable to this years. If the quota for a unit got slashed then that would drastically reduce my odds this year even though last years stats said I would get a tag. I think I can look under "available tags" in the hunt planner for this years quota and compare with the draw odds sheet from last year? But then the draw odds sheet for last year only lists the quota for nonresidents and I think the hunt planner shows the total tags for both res and nonres. I wish I had a 2019 booklet to compare easily and quickly. I tried calling Game and Fish but was on hold for an hour and then had to go to work. Any thoughts? I'm new, sorry if this is stupid

NEWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Check Game and Fish website right now for the preliminary 2020 regs. It has last years tags along with the proposals for this year. Type 1 tags are down a bit, but I wouldn’t say any units were slashed.

OP
B

bdg848

WKR
Thanks, I was able to find it. That helps alot, unfortunately, the unit we had as number 1 went from 650 to 450 for type 1 and 500 to 250 for type 6.... I THINK I did the math correctly and if about the same amount of people apply as last year I should still have 100% chance of getting a buck tag with my points but the point holders below me have their odds cut in half roughly. And of course, Doe tags don't use points so everyone's odds are cut in half.

I think I will find a nearby unit with better doe tag odds just in case I don't get one in that unit. UGH...I hope this works out. Slowly but surely I will come to understand the ins and outs of the various application processes.

NEWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, I was able to find it. That helps alot, unfortunately, the unit we had as number 1 went from 650 to 450 for type 1 and 500 to 250 for type 6.... I THINK I did the math correctly and if about the same amount of people apply as last year I should still have 100% chance of getting a buck tag with my points but the point holders below me have their odds cut in half roughly. And of course, Doe tags don't use points so everyone's odds are cut in half.

I think I will find a nearby unit with better doe tag odds just in case I don't get one in that unit. UGH...I hope this works out. Slowly but surely I will come to understand the ins and outs of the various application processes.
Well, I guess I would consider 650 to 450 slashed. Error on my part - that has to be one of the bigger cuts. Good luck.