Lead a horse to water but can’t make it drink

Seriously how long you been married? Some battles just aren't worth fighting...who cares what pack she gets if she likes it and it's comfortable to her. Been married 20 yrs I'll give you some advice...if she gets the EXO and doesn't like keep your damn mouth shut, sell it and let her get something else.

WCB

WKR
Seriously how long you been married? Some battles just aren't worth fighting...who cares what pack she gets if she likes it and it's comfortable to her. Been married 20 yrs I'll give you some advice...if she gets the EXO and doesn't like keep your damn mouth shut, sell it and let her get something else.
COME ON...Sell it and get her something else? Keep your damn mouth shut. She made the choice she can get her self something else. That is half the fun of being married...watching the other one try 5 different ways to eat crow but still have to choke it down. (not on actual life decisions or anything serious). My wife and her family for situations like this have a "I told you so" dance...so I know it is fair game. It also depends on the wife obviously.

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn’t worry about her getting the EXO. I have had really good luck with mine with well over 80 lbs in it. It sucks with 80 lbs in it but no worse than any others.

I sold my wife’s kuiu pack so that she could try something else. I have a Kifaru and love it so honestly kinda figured she’d follow my lead. I told her what the top 2-3 companies are and told her get whatever she wanted. I feel like that’s part of the fun in getting new gear is the research so I wanted her to do it for herself. Well she has and she says she’s kinda leaning towards exo (which wasn’t in the top that I told her) but i have never actually try exo. I told her that ive read reviews that they are great with under 40 lbs in them but above that you don’t want them. She just likes the layout on them better. And said the reviews that she read said anything under 80 exo was good above that Kifaru or Sg was better and her argument is only 10% of the time or less that it’s on our backs do we carry that much. So my question is what would you tell her to convince her otherwise or is her decision just fine? I just don’t want to be buying a different pack next year just cause she didn’t listen. Thanks

I’d tell her the two exo packs I had beat the hell out of the one Kifaru pack I had with any amount of weight in it and that's just how they carry. The EXO bag layouts are the best i've used too.

Last edited:
OP
Thess87

Thess87

WKR
Totally agree. We aren’t battling at all. I embellished alittle and made it sound like it alittle cause I knew she’d read this thread. Lol. I was mainly just wanting to hear from people that have had both to see if exo is for sure a quality pack that people like. We’ve been together since 8th grade so there ain’t much battling here lol. I’m just trying to help her in her research. The half of the people that referenced how much they like there’s has made us a lot more comfortable about the quality of exo. Thanks bud.

Reactions: pk_

woods89

WKR
You can put an exo bag on a kifaru frame ya know. But it is her choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My hunting partner did this. He liked the Exo bag layout but didn't think the Exo frame was as good. Now he has the best of both worlds.
He's capable of carrying a lot of weight, though. YMMV

Rob5589

WKR
I just don’t want to be buying a different pack next year just cause she didn’t listen

Interesting.

An EXO pack can easily haul 40+ lbs. Not sure where you read that but I have my doubts is was truthful. That or the pack wasn't fitted properly. If you call them they have a shorter frame model for smaller statured people. They also have a 30 day return if it doesn't work for her.

fbhandler

WKR
Liked my Exo, better then my kifaru by a long shot… then again I’m using Mystery Ranch now so I guess I don’t know anything anyway

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
If the "top 3" or however many you recommended to her were voted on by mostly males, I'd take it with a grain of salt. I've tried on the "best" packs, & hips & boobs say those "best" packs ain't it. Sounds like she probably paid a bit more attention to reviews by like-bodied folk, & has simply come up with a different opinion. I really, REALLY like my Mystery Ranch (to the chagrin of Fatcamp), specially for hauling any kind of weight. I had to jimmy-rig it a bit to comfortably carry a pistol, & the lack of a cellphone carrier annoys me, but it's really quite comfy. Let her do what she feels is right. If she hates it, at least she'll have a better idea of what she likes & doesn't like for her next pack. It's nice of you to be concerned, but consider your job done, & leave her be about her pack choice.

mlgc20

WKR
Interesting.

An EXO pack can easily haul 40+ lbs. Not sure where you read that but I have my doubts is was truthful. That or the pack wasn't fitted properly. If you call them they have a shorter frame model for smaller statured people. They also have a 30 day return if it doesn't work for her.
I was thinking the same thing. Hard to believe anyone with a straight face could say an EXO pack couldn’t handle 40+ pounds. 40 pounds isn’t that much weight. Any of the main pack company products can easily handle that. Of course, there will certainly be preference from person to person.

Not sure what her conformation is, but unfortunately my backside is shaped like a lot of women, my butt sticks out. I have to use the kifaru curved stays. I think this is the reason i could not get the exo comfortable. I wanted to use the exo and called them. They do not have a “curved” option and their best advice was to use more of their padding in the pad, just fyi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmyth

WKR
Ask your wife "which pack do you think would make you happy?" Let her make the decision. Assure her that if she doesn't like it she can try a different one. I have found that my wife often has different priorities than I do. Anytime I have weighed in and pushed her to choose what I think is best for her it hasn't worked out. If your wife chooses a pack and doesn't like it just return it or sell it and buy her another. Keep doing this until she is happy or you are broke. If she's not happy you will eventually end up broke and alone.

Good luck to you both. I hope she likes the first pack she chooses.

fmyth

WKR
If you convince her to buy a pack she doesn’t want, she will find a reason to hate it and it will be your fault.

Come on, how long have you been married??😂

When I was newlywed a wise man once offered me this advice: "You can be right, or you can be happy. Choose carefully."