Leather Sling Recommendation

ianpadron

WKR
Looking for a classy leather sling to put on a new-to-me levergun. Any recommendations?

Bonus points if it's made in Montana and can be customized.

josef

FNG
This borderline felt like a troll… you want a nice leather gun sling made in Montana….?

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
This borderline felt like a troll… you want a nice leather gun sling made in Montana….?

You've never asked for recommendations on a forum made up of gear junkies eh?

Heck, what's the point of this forum then, maybe you're right, we should just Google everything and not communicate with anyone with common interests.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJB

josef

FNG

Heck, what's the point of this forum then, maybyou're right, we should just Google everything and not communicate with anyone with common interest you’ve

Heck, what's the point of this forum then, maybe you're right, we should just Google everything and not communicate with anyone with common interests.
lighten up Francis. It was a joke.

drra

FNG
I too have been looking for a sling that can easily be expanded (like 12 inches) so I can go from hooking on my frame pack to on my shoulder when I'm not using my frame pack. I have googled, looked in every sporting goods store I walk in and I have yet to find something that will work the way I want it to work. Any ideas?

As a guy that does some leather work on the side as a hobby, my advise if you truly want custom is to see if any saddle shops or local leather workers would be willing to build you a sling. They could tool almost anything you'd want and would be built to last a lifetime. Just some food for thought.

Brownells Latigo
I agree. The Brownells Latigo Sling is something I don't want to go hunting without. I prefer the 1" over the wider model. It's very quick to use, silent and you can shoot in any position and instantly find your position with it. I can't get it in europe anymore, eventhough it's made in Germany. Is it available at Brownells USA?

I too have been looking for a sling that can easily be expanded (like 12 inches) so I can go from hooking on my frame pack to on my shoulder when I'm not using my frame pack. I have googled, looked in every sporting goods store I walk in and I have yet to find something that will work the way I want it to work. Any ideas?
It's not leather but I'd look at the redkettle I thi k it'll do exactly wjat.ypur.looking for

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk