Less boot stiffness

N2TRKYS

WKR
I have Kenetrek Mountain Extreme NI boots and like them very much, but don't need that much stiffness all the time. I'm looking for a similar boot, but with less stiffness.

I haven't had or been exposed to as many different boots as some of y'all, so I figured I'd lean on the Rokslide experience.

What boot(s) would y'all suggest?

Thanks

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on how much less stiffness you want. Lowa Tibet or Crispi Nevada seem somewhat less stiff than a mountain extreme. Schnees rates their beartooth a 2 on stiffness and the timberline a 1.

kickemall

WKR
Schnees Beartooth. I have both and they're similar but the Beartooth is much less stiff.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have Kenetrek Mountain Extreme NI boots and like them very much, but don't need that much stiffness all the time.

You know, when I was growing up playing baseball........I used to take a new mitt and literally beat the heck out of it with a baseball bat......over and over and over, every day for weeks.........to help break them in. When I was done, they fit like a glove and were extremely comfortable to use. I've actually done the same thing to my hunting boots at times to "unstiffen" them and make them "comfortable". You may or may not want to go that route.

The lowa Tibet is just as stiff or stiffer than kenetreks. The kenetreks soften up a lot over time. I have both boots btw

Jimss

WKR
If you want less stiffness you may want to consider a boot that isn't quite as high? I really like the comfort of my Tibets but they are a little too tall and heavy for my style of hunting. The only time I wear my Tibets is in deep snow. My preference is mid weight hikers that offer a little more flex and are about 1 lb lighter. Mid weight hikers offer me enough stiffness and support for sheep and mtn goat hunting.