let's discuss your folding knife. the one with you Right now :D

Austink47

WKR
BM 940 original, coated plain edge. It gets used every day and I absolutely love it. S30V is great steel.

jake1455

FNG
I have a sog visionary 1 on me right now. Light, sharp, and I’ve always liked recurve blades for daily cutting tasks like cardboard etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
spyderco delica4 with combo blade. Black/ black. Or a spyderco endura with Ti scales and damascus blade. Both at vg-10.

manitou1

WKR
Been carrying a Spyderco Tenacious.
Received a new Boker Kalashnikov automatic with a kydex horizontal belt sheath today. Bought the Blade HQ special in D2 steel. Will see how it pans out. Seems like a pretty decent knife, especially for the money.

manitou1

WKR
I have a drawer full of folders and about a dozen fixed blades, and five customs (I made, used to forge a few). Yet... I still want to buy a new knife every time I see a "purdy one". 😟

OP
B

boom

WKR
Oh boy. I think I’m done!

My latest showed up yesterday. I wanted a knife “off the beaten path”. Something not seen that often. I stowed away some cash while I looked and waited.

Kapow! The GiantMouse Ace Biblio. I’m leaning towards smaller knives with thinner razor sharp blades. It’s about the size of my Benchmade Bugout; but heftier. I stropped it and it is a straight razor.

Attachments

• 4ECB86DB-7A6B-4059-AD59-BDE2A8BBBA54.jpeg
    4ECB86DB-7A6B-4059-AD59-BDE2A8BBBA54.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 32

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Typically a spyderco native but today a CRKT that just cut up a bear.

Attachments

• 15576195046406416102138824515039.jpg
    15576195046406416102138824515039.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 29

manitou1

WKR
Ha. That reminds me of a funny but sad story that happened to me in Florida a few years back.
I was on a military (ocean rescue) exercise for about three weeks and a group of us were staying in a beach front hotel during the winter season. I was early for our morning meet up down at the lobby one morning and had helped myself to a cup of coffee that has the "to go" lids on them. Like many of those schitty lids, the little pinhole was not big enough to allow a good flow of coffee while drinking. Not giving any thought to it, and like I always do, i pulled out my assisted opening edc and flicked it open to poke a hole in the coffee cup lid. At that time, I was in uniform and there were two middle-aged ladies walking toward me who were going to the hotel cafe. We were about 15 steps apart, offset so as they were on their right side of the room and I was traveling my right, headed for the front desk area. As soon as the knife popped out, one of the ladies screamed and grabbed her friends arm! She was obviously scared. She must have been a "lefty" that partakes of CNN... brainwashed into thinking folks in uniform are dimented killers, lol. I smiled and continued my path to the front desk meeting area, realizing what a sorry state this country was in.
EDIT: This was supposed to include 20Dynamite07's post as a quote, but cannot figure how to add the quote on this site.

OP
B

boom

WKR
Not sure how you pinned that in being a lefty.

I’ve learned to live my life and not over think crap. I have a very tough friend that is so scared of knives. Some dude went after him with one and it really messed him up forever. You can’t surprise him with a blade. He’s was my earliest hunt partner and I was always very obvious with the blade to not traumatize him.

bamagun

FNG
I have a Zero Tolerance 0770 CF on me right now over in afghan land, but also have a Tops MSF 4.0 here too.. Mostly I have some sort of a ZT on me, back in the states, but I also rotate some Kizer's in there too (Kizer is a Chinese company I know, but you can put some quality steel (Bohler M390) in your pocket without breaking the bank and the construction is top notch for the price range (150-200)