Let's see those 375's

ldmay375

FNG
Great rifles guys! I can only imagine the stories that go with each one.

This was my first attempt into the .375 world, so far I m happy with the outcome.
Finished weight came in right at 10# as it sits,

I want to work on the follower and spring still in the box mag. So far it seem to shoot nice and fits me really well. I enjoy it a lot.
That is a very nice looking rifle.

Shortly after the 375 Ruger came out, I acquired one. The stainless 20” versions, with a few modifications, have become my favorite 375’s.

I have a Model 70 stainless classic 375 H&H that weighs in at 10 pounds 2 ounces, if I recall correctly.
I had the barrel cut to 22” and reused factory sight, has a McMillan Super-grade stock, stainless Talley detachable rings/bases, and a Swarovski non-illuminated 1-6x24 on it.

OP
marshland_max
Great stuff everyone!

As of late I m messing around with 250 gr Sierra with 70 gr of R15 out of mine. Bullets are a bit scarce but I got plenty of the Sierra 250 and 300 gr stuff will have to do until the supply availability picks up again .

How does it shoot? I have the R8 and thinking about getting another barrel in 375.
It shoots better than I can make it. Best 5 shot group at 100yds shooting factory 300g Barnes TSX was .7155”s. Chronograph had that running around 2515 fps. I switched over to Buffalo Bore and the 300gr Barnes TSX and it was running around 2618 fps with similar results. My groups at 200yds were between 1.12 - 1.57”s. I am running the “semi-weighted“ barrel with NO brake nor any mercury recoil reducers. I sent the stock to Blaser San Antonio and had them open up the forend so the barrel could be free floated. Not sure what more someone could want from a break down rifle package. She will beat you up……but in a loving sort of way 😂. Honestly I was surprised how great it shoots. My first Blaser as well. I used the QD scope mount which I highly highly doubted could maintain zero. Man was I wrong. It never budged after 50 rounds and being thrown around by baggage handlers on the way to Alaska.

Definitley planning on getting a couple other barrels and actions to increase my ability to use it. I absolutely love the thumb whole stock. Very steady in the hand.

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Winchester Model 70 Safari Express chambered in .375 H&H. It was one of the made in Portugal guns, which I bought new in 2018. I load it with 260 grain Nosler Partitions with Reloader 15 and Federal 215 primers. With a 200 yard zero it shoots flatter than you might expect and groups very well.

Attachments

• IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    522.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
I like mine too much not to share, it's a cz550 in 375 H&H. The action is slick as snot and the trigger is by far the best factory trigger I've worked with.
IMG_4609.jpg

It has an average piece of wood but it really does look better in person then I can make it look with my phone camera.
IMG_4610.jpg

The Kahles 1-4 makes easy work of pigs on the run with a wide field of view and crisp clear glass. It also helps that the helps that the action is so smooth and cycles so fast that I never have to take my check off the riser.
IMG_2475.JPG

...But the icing on the cake has to be the EAW quick release swing mounts, they are awesome and return to zero absolutely every time they are used. Not to mention it's very accurate and 300 gr Nosler accubonds hit like a freight train.
IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_4613.jpg

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
It shoots better than I can make it. Best 5 shot group at 100yds shooting factory 300g Barnes TSX was .7155”s. Chronograph had that running around 2515 fps. I switched over to Buffalo Bore and the 300gr Barnes TSX and it was running around 2618 fps with similar results. My groups at 200yds were between 1.12 - 1.57”s. I am running the “semi-weighted“ barrel with NO brake nor any mercury recoil reducers. I sent the stock to Blaser San Antonio and had them open up the forend so the barrel could be free floated. Not sure what more someone could want from a break down rifle package. She will beat you up……but in a loving sort of way 😂. Honestly I was surprised how great it shoots. My first Blaser as well. I used the QD scope mount which I highly highly doubted could maintain zero. Man was I wrong. It never budged after 50 rounds and being thrown around by baggage handlers on the way to Alaska.

Definitley planning on getting a couple other barrels and actions to increase my ability to use it. I absolutely love the thumb whole stock. Very steady in the hand.
Those Blaser saddle mounts are something else. I've played with several and they always return to zero 100% of the time not to mention how easy they are to take off and put back on.

OP
marshland_max
I like mine too much not to share, it's a cz550 in 375 H&H. The action is slick as snot and the trigger is by far the best factory trigger I've worked with.
View attachment 332575

It has an average piece of wood but it really does look better in person then I can make it look with my phone camera.
View attachment 332576

The Kahles 1-4 makes easy work of pigs on the run with a wide field of view and crisp clear glass. It also helps that the helps that the action is so smooth and cycles so fast that I never have to take my check off the riser.
View attachment 332577

...But the icing on the cake has to be the EAW quick release swing mounts, they are awesome and return to zero absolutely every time they are used. Not to mention it's very accurate and 300 gr Nosler accubonds hit like a freight train.
View attachment 332579

View attachment 332584

Nice set up! I just loaded up some 250 gr Sierras with R15. Need to shoot them yet, but ai m confident its more than enough for a deer lol

tak

WKR
Nice set up! I just loaded up some 250 gr Sierras with R15. Need to shoot them yet, but ai m confident its more than enough for a deer lol

Awesome!!

I'm itching to load some 260gr accubonds.

I just removed my old school vari-x iii 1.5-5, and I'm debating on new scopes.

Anyone see any issue with a 2-10 VX5?

I'd love to put the 375 to work at 3-400 yards.

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome!!

I'm itching to load some 260gr accubonds.

I just removed my old school vari-x iii 1.5-5, and I'm debating on new scopes.

Anyone see any issue with a 2-10 VX5?

I'd love to put the 375 to work at 3-400 yards.
If I didn't have a 1-4 I'd have a 2-10. I've even contemplated getting a second set of EAW rings with a 2-10 mounted in them. That way I'd be able to switch out scopes without having to zero anything, just pick the best scope for that particular hunt.

Exactly the reason why I went with the Swaro 2-16. I can put any caliber barrel/action size and use that one scope for everything thing I need. 2x power for the close encounters and 16 power for the 750+yd shots. With the ballistic turret I can simply have specific adjustments set for each and just have to turn the dials. Super easy. Sure, you compromise a little weight and size but it covers all aspects of what I intend to do or can do with my Blaser.

Last edited:

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
M70 375 H&H.

did some custom work on it with Turkish walnut stock, Dropbox magazine with sunnyhill bottom metal, skeletonized grip cap, hart barrel, barrelband sling swivel attachment and a jeweled bolt.
still waiting to take it to Africa….all it has killed is pigs in Texas so far.
D66521B7-1B13-459F-BBB9-9A0B8E61987F.jpegBF319BDC-3545-4BAD-B45D-844D24EAD557.jpeg

AKDoc

WKR
I bought my 375H&H over twenty-years ago, and its been my carry rifle every single fall up here in Alaska ever since.

I'm a lefty, so there weren't many options for me, but this original A-Bolt has been just awesome. I did some modifications, e.g., Lilja barrel and McMillan stock. I handload 270grn TSX's with RL-15, and that combination sure seems to be a match made in heaven for my rifle...I've recovered very few bullets over the years. I've been fortunate to have taken many moose and a few grizzlies with that rifle and load...it has been (and will continue to be) a solid and reliable work-horse for me. IMG_4985.jpgIMG_4984.jpg

And just three weeks ago, one shot through the cervical vertebrae at 200yds and he dropped immediately to the ground DRT...
IMG_4937.jpg

Wapiti1

WKR
M70 375 H&H.

did some custom work on it with Turkish walnut stock, Dropbox magazine with sunnyhill bottom metal, skeletonized grip cap, hart barrel, barrelband sling swivel attachment and a jeweled bolt.
still waiting to take it to Africa….all it has killed is pigs in Texas so far.
View attachment 334941View attachment 334942
Extremely well done. Who did the stock work on it?

Jeremy