Let's see those 375's

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Curious why you liked the Remy over the M70.

I had a 1.5-5 for years on mine, just sold it and ordered a Nightforce 2.5-10, I'm sure I'll like the NF, but I know I'll miss that Leupold.

That Remington weighs only 7.5lbs and for whatever reason, the recoil is very manageable. It’s just a good gun to carry, it’s almost 2 lbs lighter than my m70. Not that every rifle needs to be a lightweight mountain rifle but it is nice when the rifle isn’t too heavy. That Remington has had the bolt handle rig welded and re timed at accu-tig in fairbanks and it has a trigger tech trigger. I’ve shot a few moose and 2 bears with that rifle, it’s a great gun.

I just havnt used my m70 much yet at all, my opinion might change when I do get around to hunting more with it.

Last edited:

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Some cool rifles/pictures/critters in this thread.
Since 375 Ruger counts...
Posted this in another custom 375 ruger thread, my go to 375 for all things Alaska so far from bear to goat to bison to deer. It's not as hard on meat near entry/exit (lower velocity than hot rod magnums), keeps my muscle memory and familiarity honed with my 'bear gun' (one in the same), short and handy in the alders, and points/handles like a dream.
Ruger M77 Alaskan originally polished up by me then modified/worked over and custom stock by Rick at Extreme Rifle Works.

IMG_1675-1.jpg

270 grain LRX on this deer at 380+ yards. Instant 'lights out', no bloodshot meat.

I have this exact rifle, with a lot of work done to it. 300 g Sierra Game King at 2630. Prints 1' groups. I only own one rifle.

Decker9

WKR
My grandmother bought this one in 1957, I restocked it a few years back. Loaded down with 260gr Partition’s, it’s a dream to shoot.
View attachment 328213View attachment 328214
View attachment 328216
View attachment 328215

After 25 years, grandads .375 has made its way home. It now sits with grandmas .375 h&h once again (the rifle above)

Grandad rebuilt his into a 375-338, everything from the metal and bluing and the stock work too. It’s a gem to shoot, can’t wait to pack it next season.

IMG_0194.jpegIMG_0193.jpeg

Grandads on the top, grandmas on the bottom.

IMG_0231.jpeg
IMG_0244.jpeg

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
So I don't own anything in .375 but I'm curious if any of you have found a good suppressor. I've got a 9.3x62 built on a Forbes 24b that really needs a can.

Don't believe anyone who says light guns recoil too hard.PXL_20231109_055038475 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
After 25 years, grandads .375 has made its way home. It now sits with grandmas .375 h&h once again (the rifle above)

Grandad rebuilt his into a 375-338, everything from the metal and bluing and the stock work too. It’s a gem to shoot, can’t wait to pack it next season.

View attachment 622245View attachment 622244

Grandads on the top, grandmas on the bottom.

View attachment 622246
View attachment 622247

The best of the best, love this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I don't own anything in .375 but I'm curious if any of you have found a good suppressor. I've got a 9.3x62 built on a Forbes 24b that really needs a can.

Don't believe anyone who says light guns recoil too hard.View attachment 624777
I’ve contemplated getting the AB raptor suppressor for my 375. I have one on my 338 and I am loving it. Much lighter than the other high quality 338 suppressors.

Wyoming Nimrod

Lil-Rokslider
Some cool rifles/pictures/critters in this thread.
Since 375 Ruger counts...
Posted this in another custom 375 ruger thread, my go to 375 for all things Alaska so far from bear to goat to bison to deer. It's not as hard on meat near entry/exit (lower velocity than hot rod magnums), keeps my muscle memory and familiarity honed with my 'bear gun' (one in the same), short and handy in the alders, and points/handles like a dream.
Ruger M77 Alaskan originally polished up by me then modified/worked over and custom stock by Rick at Extreme Rifle Works.

View attachment 547878

270 grain LRX on this deer at 380+ yards. Instant 'lights out', no bloodshot meat.
Can you tell us a little bit about your rifle and its apparently custom blind magazine well? How many rounds and who did the work? Good call, man.

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
Winchester 94 Big Bore .375 Win on the left. I have components but haven't shot it yet. I hope to work on that next summer.

Ruger No. 1 .375 H&H on the right. It shoots 250gr Barnes TTSX really well with open sights.
c41cc6e831b2368e890c32d4afd155c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
IMG_9215.jpeg

Figured no Blacktail would mind getting shot with my .375 H&H barrel and not a better place to have it in North America than Kodiak. Weather was no the best a couple weeks ago and no buck worth all the effort of bringing him home showed himself so all I have is a packing picture.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Can you tell us a little bit about your rifle and its apparently custom blind magazine well? How many rounds and who did the work? Good call, man.
I sent my 375 Ruger M77 Alaskan for some unique modifications, custom stock, and slight weight reduction to Rick at Extreme Rifle Works and wow did it turn out well. Found him very easy to work with over all and a good guy. He's busy with a lot of projects but doesn't rush things and makes sure they're right.

Perch belly blind bottom stock holds 5 down, QD cups on left side for slinging across back when on snowmachine. It shoulders like a well fitted shotgun and the high negative comb is what I prefer. Trigger is around 3 lbs. and crisp.
Had him set the barrel back and rechamber to better suit 'pointy' bullets but still safely shoot A-Frames and similar. Chopped barrel to 19", turned it down a little on the lathe for balance, and threaded 5/8-24 (instead of silly 5/8-18 Ruger uses) with a flush sided but extra long thread protector (to protect the crown).
View attachment 547516

There's another thread on here of a guide that had Rick work on a Guide Gun in 416 Ruger that weighs something like 5.5 lbs.... so the M77 leaves a lot of room for weight reduction if you should desire and find someone that knows how to do it safely. Total cost of gun will be a lot less than a full custom remington clone type if you happen to like M77s and don't mind some of polishing/working they need out of the box.
Sure thing. Not sure if you saw this one in the custom 375 thread,

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Sure thing. Not sure if you saw this one in the custom 375 thread,
I believe the stock is an MPI fiber/kevlar/graphite blank, profile based on old Enfield big bore, a shape that Rick turned me on to for recoil mitigation and fast shouldering/aiming, has high recoil pad, negative comb, and some cast like a fine shotgun. I really do love how it handles. Rick modified it to include the perch belly I think, he definitely had to do a lot of bedding and subsequent inletting in the process to accommodate the angle front action screw and the perch belly, but I get 5 rounds down, very durable and stiff stock, tidy forend, not too long not too short. BDL trigger guard I think that he cerakote and shaped the stock/bedded/integrated in there.
If ya look up Extreme Rifle Works, Rick has some great pictures of other builds he’s done, really unique stuff. I think he had alot to do with the original Kifaru Rambling Rifle, but can’t remember for certain.