Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
Super jealous of some of these builds. Bought my tikka about a month ago for upcoming hunting season. Just installed my scope the other day.
Not custom besides the scope but I’ll show it off in its beginning stage.
2FAA08AC-6197-46FC-B97D-6B0F0B7A0CED.jpeg

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
Nice wrong-handed superlite. What caliber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

300WM. Yeah seems like not too many of us southpaws around here. I'm sure if it's like anything left handed with guns there's not going to ever be much like with righties.

Last edited:

Chaddrx

FNG
Had my eye on a $12K Gunwerks Clymer, but it was about $12K out of my budget. Went the Tikka route instead. Looking at hunting everything with this one, from hogs to elk.

Donor 300WM T3X Lite (found in Sheridan WY for $500 unfired...)

AG Alpine Hunter stock, raw carbon/orange camo

Proof pre-fit 6.5PRC 22" T3X barrel

TBAC brake, 30CB7suppressor

Anarchy bolt knob/handle

Mountain tactical 20MOA extended rail

Leupold MK5 3.6-18 H59 w/Leupold low/med rings

Pushing .3 or less so far with factory Hornady ammo. Feed smooth and fast like every Tikka I have. This one turned out exactly like I planned and I have no complaints.

View attachment 165961

I am looking to do a similar 6.5 Prc build. I am trying to decide between an AG alpine hunter vs Mesa precision altitude stock. Is there any reason in particular you went with with the alpine hunter? I am also debating between a 22in and a 24in proof barrel. What speeds are you getting with your suppressor as I am also looking at the thunder beast ultra 7. what is your scoped rifle weight? Sorry I am hounding you with so many questions but your build is extremely similar to the one I am planning. Awesome build and love the stock color.

khunter20

FNG
300WM. Yeah seems like not too many of us southpaws around here. I'm sure if it's like anything left handed with guns there's not going to ever be much like with righties.
where did you find your lefty superlite, I can only find the 7mag.

khunter20

FNG
I found mine at sportsman’s warehouse. It was the only one in stock at the time. Not sure if it’s because popular or just not many of them around. I always find a 7RM around.
Yeah they arent even on sportsmans website, the 7RM is much easier to find. Maybe ill find one when i get back to the states from this deployment.

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah they arent even on sportsmans website, the 7RM is much easier to find. Maybe ill find one when i get back to the states from this deployment.
Yeah you’re right, I just checked myself and there’s no superlite in 300wm, maybe they don’t sell it anymore.

stay safe and Hopefully you come back soon

Tahoe1305

WKR
Had my eye on a $12K Gunwerks Clymer, but it was about $12K out of my budget. Went the Tikka route instead. Looking at hunting everything with this one, from hogs to elk.

Donor 300WM T3X Lite (found in Sheridan WY for $500 unfired...)

AG Alpine Hunter stock, raw carbon/orange camo

Proof pre-fit 6.5PRC 22" T3X barrel

TBAC brake, 30CB7suppressor

Anarchy bolt knob/handle

Mountain tactical 20MOA extended rail

Leupold MK5 3.6-18 H59 w/Leupold low/med rings

Pushing .3 or less so far with factory Hornady ammo. Feed smooth and fast like every Tikka I have. This one turned out exactly like I planned and I have no complaints.

View attachment 165961

Exactly what I’m thinking brother. Can you share load performance when you get it (bullet and velocity). Curious if a 22” PRC is going to shoot as fast as I’m looking for.

Much appreciated!

Ram94

WKR
Ok, I'm bored so I'll share a few more.

View attachment 166763
Tikka T3 7-08
Krieger 17" #5 Contour Barrel
McMillan Game Hunter CTR botttom metal
Seekins Rings
SWFA 5-20
Trigger Spring
Lumley Carbon Fiber Bolt Handle
Triad Tactical Stock Pack
Nice rifle! What is the purpose of wrapping the scope bell?

Shane431

FNG
Last one today. There's another but the stock is being mailed back to me.IMG_1885.JPG

Tikka T3X 6.5 Creedmoor
Barrel cut down to 20" and threaded
McMillan Game Hunter Stock
Mountain Tactical bottom metal
SWFA 3-9 FFP
Sportsmatch Rings
Trigger Spring Updated

Shane431

FNG
Nice rifle! What is the purpose of wrapping the scope bell?

It used to be on another rifle and was sort of color coordinated to the stock. They don't really do anything but provide a little protection against scratches. Basically, I was bored one day!

Tahoe1305

WKR
I am looking to do a similar 6.5 Prc build. I am trying to decide between an AG alpine hunter vs Mesa precision altitude stock. Is there any reason in particular you went with with the alpine hunter? I am also debating between a 22in and a 24in proof barrel. What speeds are you getting with your suppressor as I am also looking at the thunder beast ultra 7. what is your scoped rifle weight? Sorry I am hounding you with so many questions but your build is extremely similar to the one I am planning. Awesome build and love the stock color.

Sorry for double tap...looking for same info.

JonC

FNG
Exactly what I’m thinking brother. Can you share load performance when you get it (bullet and velocity). Curious if a 22” PRC is going to shoot as fast as I’m looking for.

Much appreciated!

It's actually a 24", I have a 22" for a R700 that I haven't spun on, I got them mixed up.

68 ambient temp
50% humidity
5300ft ASL
Hornady factory ELD-X Precision Hunter

3002 FPS with a 9fps SD

JonC

FNG

10.2lb loaded with the optic and a 5rd mag

I went with AG simply because I could customize the options...finish and LOP mostly.

I was wrong in the original spec post, I'm running a 24" tube, I got it mixed up with another barrel I ordered.

3002 FPS with the can and factory Hornady ELD-X

Ok, I'm bored so I'll share a few more.

View attachment 166763
Tikka T3 7-08
Krieger 17" #5 Contour Barrel
McMillan Game Hunter CTR botttom metal
Seekins Rings
SWFA 5-20
Trigger Spring

How do you like the 5-20? I’ve got a few 3-9s, a 3-15, and had a 10x long ago. I keep debating between the SWFA 5-20 and a Bushnell or NF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane431

FNG
5-20 has great glass. It's better than all the other scopes I have and even the LRTSi. I think it has a really forgiving eyebox and there's a noticeable difference between it and even the SWFA HD 3-9. Turrets are dead on and repeatable. There are two things I don't for a hunting rifle; the weight,I think it's like 31oz, and I wish it had a covered or locking windage turret. This is on my 17" 7-08 with a #5 contour barrel so the gun isn't light to begin with. I mainly use this for a range toy and for blind hunting in Texas where I don't have to carry it far. But the setup makes it very easy to shoot and it's easy to steady with a rest or shooting bag. The 5-20 wouldn't be my choice for a gun I was planning on carrying all day long but overall a great scope.