Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
Nice build! Nothing wrong with that scope. Those gen 2's are proving to be pretty damn good.

I had a gen 1 die on this rifle when it was in factory trim. Hoping the extra weight in the gen 2 means it’s more robust. So far so good with this one, but I have that doubt in the back of my mind. Not enough rounds on it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
Low sky shot you a PM about your build. Doing similar in 7wsm. Can you share the weight of your barrel if you got it before you mounted. Thx.

I had a gen 1 die on this rifle when it was in factory trim. Hoping the extra weight in the gen 2 means it’s more robust. So far so good with this one, but I have that doubt in the back of my mind. Not enough rounds on it yet.

I have been in the same boat. I totally understand your reluctance, but I'm happy with my gen 2.

basalpin

FNG
Hello guys . i am french and i have a question for you.
Someone know if the gen 2 billet magazine mountain tactical own a shoulder in the body magazine to save the bullets tip? i hope you understand what i am looking for . thanks and sorry for my bad english.
ben.

Lawnboi

WKR
Someone know if the gen 2 billet magazine mountain tactical own a shoulder in the body magazine to save the bullets tip? i hope you understand what i am looking for . thanks and sorry for my bad english.
ben.

they do not

ben.
They don’t, but the HCA mags do if you’re building a WSM/Saum/PRC

Here's mine. Not super high end or special, but it looks sexy and shoots.

T3x superlite in .30-06
-Boyd's laminate stock, bedded by myself (steel pillars and probed 2000)
-Atlasworx bottom metal that I reshaped to be a slimmer profile and not feel like a cludgy POS
-Cerakoted the magazine, bolt shroud, safety lever, cocking indicator, bottom metal, and bolt stop to match the stainless
-1.5lb trigger spring
-Talley lightweights
-maven rs2 scope

Comes in at 7 lbs 5 oz with scope attached

View attachment 178906View attachment 178907View attachment 178908View attachment 178909
View attachment 178910

This thing is absolutely gorgeous!

basalpin

FNG
[QUOTE = "CApighunter, message: 1637152, membre: 27330"]
Vous pouvez essayer un chargeur long action standard, je doute qu'ils se déplacent suffisamment pour endommager la pointe.
[/ CITATION] je peux essayer j'ai un long magazine d'action merci pour ces idées.

Jc213

Lil-Rokslider
Not to "custom" but I will throw it out there:
t3x superlite 7 rem mag, mountain tac bolt handle, matching contour brake, trigger to 2 pounds, talleys, NF 2.5-10X42

Is that the Sako break? What thread pattern? Debating a radial like this or a APA micro bastard for a superlite.

2rsquared

Lil-Rokslider
Made adjustable LOP spacers and a Limbsaver pad for my orangutan arms.

Doing the LOP spacers made a big difference in how the gun handles and acts during recoil. No regrets chopping the Mesa stock up.

I am my own not-a-gunsmith and I don’t think I hacked anything up too bad.

How did you go about making your spacers?

I have ape arms and a giraffe neck. I need a 15" or so LOP.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
How did you go about making your spacers?

I have ape arms and a giraffe neck. I need a 15" or so LOP.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cut off the glued-on Pachmayr and trued up the cut. This gets you all the way down to the CF shell and expanded foam fill. Glued in a 1/4” spacer with T-nuts to serve as the base. Then shaped additional spacers and the Limbsaver. The screws are machine thread going into the T nuts, so nice and durable for changes. I used 1/4” and 1/2” Kick-Eez spacers from Brownells.
Honestly, for the difficulty and tools it took to do this, I’d say it’s probably beyond the scope of most kitchen table tinkerers. If you don’t look at it and immediately know how you’d tackle something like this, I’d probably let a gunsmith handle it.
Here’s an inside view of the adjustable spacer stack. I took out a lot of the inside material to lighten them.
156430eb62546540fefba8a6d89da2ef.jpg