Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

eamyrick

WKR
I would be patient if the CAT model doesn’t interest those looking for a Tikka stock from AG.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard AG is going to have Tikka inlets by the end of the summer but who knows that may turn into November. Will we see a Hells Canyon Model?

I heard AG is going to have Tikka inlets by the end of the summer but who knows that may turn into November. Will we see a Hells Canyon Model?

Nothing planned specifically for HCA but I’ve gone over some mold designs with them for their own designated stock. The tikka action requires some buildup on the rear tang area which makes most molds built around the Rem 700 footprint less than ideal. They’ve got the tikka inlet programs but they’re working some a designated mold/model for it. Unfortunately I don’t have any idea on when they’ll be ready.

Mike

$599. I suspicious it’s an AG composites stock and they are solid. I’m torn between this and the Grayboe terrain which is 250 less but a pound more.
It is made by AG Composites, I saw they posted the picture with a link to Mesa Precision on their Facebook page.

Not a Tikka owner, but soon. Have other custom rifles and semi custom builds. As a Lefty shooter, the T3X Lite or Superlite a lot of bang for the buck. And there are not many other options.

Wanted to ask "What's the big draw for the aftermarket stocks"? I have a handful of McMillan. I have a major ax to grind with guys mounting scope waaaay too high and stock combs (even spend aftermarkets) being too low.

I own a B&C stock also. It solved a major Tupperware issue on a Remington SPS. It's heavy tho. The Tikka Superlites come in at 5.9. Not sure there is weight savings to be had, and if the comb of these aftermarket stocks is the same height....what's the major draw?

slowelk

WKR
I heard AG is going to have Tikka inlets by the end of the summer but who knows that may turn into November.

This is what I've heard too. The guys at Snowy Mountain told me August for an AG Composites Tikka stock.

Muttly

WKR
A little progress on the 7 Mag, in the McMillan. Brake, trigger guard swapped, fooling around with bolt handles. Need to bed it yet.
With gratuitous backyardigan pic from this morning...9866798668

Clarktar

WKR
This one is getting close to finished!

94b4beab7199af4c3b45095ae1e0c448.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
Wanted to ask "What's the big draw for the aftermarket stocks"? I have a handful of McMillan. I have a major ax to grind with guys mounting scope waaaay too high and stock combs (even spend aftermarkets) being too low.

I own a B&C stock also. It solved a major Tupperware issue on a Remington SPS. It's heavy tho. The Tikka Superlites come in at 5.9. Not sure there is weight savings to be had, and if the comb of these aftermarket stocks is the same height....what's the major draw?

I hear you...I think part of it is our innate desire to personalize our kit, which is awesome. Sometimes they're lighter weight, better fit, replace a broken one, etc..

For my self imposed ranges, how I choose to spend my money and lower perceived benefit, I just keep the stock tikka stock. For the money I'm willing to spend, if the rifle's already accurate I'll spend it on glass, boots, etc.. For others, obviously money well spent

Muttly

WKR
It is a Sako Hunter. Ran the enhanced edge fill with this one, two studs up front, and 14 1/2" length of pull.

Last edited:

Clarktar

WKR
Tikka CTR 6.5 Creedmoor
Bartlein 26” Remington Varmint Contour barrel
Manners EH1
Mountain Tactical AI Bottom Metal
Self Timing Muscle Brake

All work done by Tetrahedron Arms
dfc688af1cd23479c102296660a3f58e.jpg
4709b8d676f618dbfbdb815190e87e87.jpg

Which muzzle break is that?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Self timing 3 port Muscle Brake from Piercision Rifles.

madcalfe

WKR
Tikka in 300wsm I did up and regret selling it now lol
But wildcat stock, bedding, recoil lug welded to action.

Attachments

• C244C626-20EB-42BD-BAB3-A04CEAD2AF2E.jpeg
    C244C626-20EB-42BD-BAB3-A04CEAD2AF2E.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 277