Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Any idea if it's possible to widen the barrel channel a tad without damaging the stock? I was considering calling them to ask

I’ve never personally tried taking that much off a carbon fiber stock. I’d give them a call.

It was a little goofy sanding it for prep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far liking the stockys CF, some final fit and finish had to be done. But stockys had it right on the mark at 22oz, very light

What length barrel on that rig? I have a 24” barreled vanguard I would love to drop some weight on. Seems like that stock is shorter in the forend than factory vanguard stocks so I’m worried it won’t balance very well?
Stock barrel length of the superlite 30-06, dont recall what it is, I believe its 22 and a 1/4

Last edited:
My stockys hunter came in at 21.7oz with the lug installed. Not sure if it was glued or what but didn’t appear to want to move so I left it.

Shot similar groups to my factory stock. Impressed with recoil pad. It was fitted well. Didn’t handle recoil as good as aftermarket airtech but pretty close.

My bottom metal didn’t seat fully. Called stockys said it was normal. I’m sure I could seat it better with a bit of sanding but choosing not to for now.

Overall I like it for no wait and the weight being second to only wildcats. Good value IMO.

Attachments

• 3A8E2851-5468-40D1-B583-96FA62083607.jpeg
    3A8E2851-5468-40D1-B583-96FA62083607.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 236
  • FDA33A33-D58D-4910-B620-F3D8EE39FD20.jpeg
    FDA33A33-D58D-4910-B620-F3D8EE39FD20.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 240
1653582533281241419199496465845.jpg16535825749345618793497297137181.jpgso here is my review for stockys CF hunter stock, tang area had to be filed down in order to fit properly, originally the carbon fiber sat around ¼ of an inch higher than the rear tang 20220526_112620.jpgalso had to file down this side because the letters on the rifle where barely visible on the top.
Other than that minor chips which where all sandable no problem.
Other than that stock is very stiff and well made, could have fitted it as it was but I am very picky when it comes to finish.
Will I buy it again? maybe depending on availability of other stocks.
And as far as my CF knowledge goes, Going with a gloss carbon fiber finish as stockys did is far more labor and headaches to have a near perfect finished product.

+1 for stockys on a great stock.

View attachment 414493View attachment 414494so here is my review for stockys CF hunter stock, tang area had to be filed down in order to fit properly, originally the carbon fiber sat around ¼ of an inch higher than the rear tang View attachment 414497also had to file down this side because the letters on the rifle where barely visible on the top.
Other than that minor chips which where all sandable no problem.
Other than that stock is very stiff and well made, could have fitted it as it was but I am very picky when it comes to finish.
Will I buy it again? maybe depending on availability of other stocks.
And as far as my CF knowledge goes, Going with a gloss carbon fiber finish as stockys did is far more labor and headaches to have a near perfect finished product.

+1 for stockys on a great stock.
Thanks for the review. Mine is the same and I was wondering how others were handling the tang area. I will be sanding mine down when I get a chance.

Truly unfortunate that the stock needed sanding out of the box.

Currently waiting on a AG Privateer with a T3x/Proof Sendero Lite inlet. Besides the rifle waiting on the AG, I've got another T3 that could use a stock upgrade, but waiting on the AG before I make a decision one way or the other. Nice thing about the AG is that I was able to get it ordered with texturing in the grip area and the forend, abeit the wait is 14-16 weeks (I was told 12 wks when I ordered it on 3/10)). If I go the route of a Stocky's, I may very well find some 'spray grit' to add texture to the same areas.

Back