Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Great thread. I see a lot of beautiful Tikka rifle builds in this thread and I'm happy to add mine to the collection. My Tikka T3 stats are below.

Left hand Tikka T3 Action.
McGowen 24" stainless barrel chambered in .325 wsm.
Installed Remington 700 style recoil lug instead of using the standard Tikka lug system. (See 4th pic below).
Lumley Arms bottom metal, bolt shroud and bolt stop.
MTNGear.us titanium fluted bolt handle with custom fluted bolt body.
Oregunsmithing carbon fiber/Kevlar light weight stock.
Talley detachable rings and mounts with a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 scope.
Rifle will pretty much shoot 1/2 MOA all day if I do my part. Load development is still in the works. (See 5th pic)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Recoil_Lug1.JPG
    Recoil_Lug1.JPG
    333.2 KB · Views: 140
  • TikkaTarget2.jpg
    TikkaTarget2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 157

ACHILLES

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you, the TB ultra 5 is my favorite can for hunting, even with the hell fire adapter it’s still only 10oz.
I like your build as well that bolt handle looks awesome, really goes well with the bolt fluting.

Wow, only 10oz! Thats awesome. Quiet and light, I like it. The company that made my bolt handle doesn't produce that type of design anymore. Funny, I bought it for the purpose of trying to match the bolt fluting. shame you can't get them anymore. :(

fwafwow

WKR
View attachment 496206
After lurking around here in Rokslide for a while I came across this thread, and quickly sailed through all 102 pages filled with all these stunning builds. Very inspiring stuff, and it makes a Finn envious to see all the custom Tikka parts and stocks that are available over there in the states!
I'll contribute a few of my own Tikkas, starting with the 17HMR.

T1X 17HMR 16"
KKC laminated stock, Devcon bedded, piece of picatinny rail embedded in the forend for quick detach UTG Recon 360 bipod / flashlight use
Custom made billet aluminum bolt shroud, anodized black. I made the 3d model and a local machining school cut it for me on a 4 axis mill.
Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 with alumina lens covers
Optilock rings
Osuma suppressor
Usually has a 3HGR Overberget sling on it as its mostly a hunting gun and gets carried around a lot.

I have become a huge fan of the HMR. I think its great for small game and absolute joy to shoot at the range. Relatively quiet suppressed and very effective up to 200 yards :)

I have a couple t3x:s too, but I'll have to take a pic of just the guns to post them here. Every pic I have on my phone atm has a animal of some sort with the gun, and I'm not sure if posting stuff like that is ok here.
Nice rig! How do you like the 3HGR sling? I'm looking at the 3HGR QD Takedown for a new Sako S20 but I'm also debating other options, ideally that have similar functionality.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Can these Tikka rifles be built at 5.5 lbs or less? Just how lightweight can they ge
With a scope that actually works, rings that don’t break or cause slippage, and a magazine full of ammo… You’d be very hard pressed.

My .260 with factory 22” stainless fluted barrel and SWFA Fixed 6 weighs 7 lbs 4 ounces full of ammo ready to hunt (3+1).

My 7SAUM with 20” McGowan, TIPro3 brake, fluted bolt, SWFA 3-9 weighs 7 lbs 9 ounces full of ammo ready to hunt (3+1).

Both rifles use aftermarket carbon stocks that are just a touch an ounce of two heavier than the factory plastic. They both use unknown munitions rings which are on the heavier side. They also have the high desert bottom metal and metal 3 round magazines which add a I think it’s 4 total ounces over factory plastic.

So you can get them down there in weight for sure but the question is… why? At 7.5 lbs and my 7 SAUM, I wouldn’t want it any lighter for spotting shots.

ACHILLES

Lil-Rokslider
Can these Tikka rifles be built at 5.5 lbs or less? Just how lightweight can they ge
A 16” 308win super lite with
Plastic bolt shroud
Stockys 21oz stock
Talley lows
Leupold vx3 2-8x36

Will weigh right around 5.5lbs, add a real scope like an NX8 1-10x24 at 17oz and that goes up to 6.2lbs which is still extremely light. Smaller cartridges will add a few more oz in Bbl weight

It would be cool to do a build as light possible just to try it out knowing my effective range and shoot ability will decrease. Shooting mine in the 7.5-8 lb range lately has been amazing the gun feels like a toy and I can still spot shots very well with the .223

Although I would like to try a 12” suppressed 22creed or 22GT in the same setup and weight.

Last edited:

Wrongside

WKR
Bare rifle isn’t hard to get them to 5.5 or even a touch lighter. My SL 6.5 was 5.5 pounds with a Wildcat stock, Ti parts and barrel cut to 22”.

Add rings & scope that works and she’s over 7.25. 🤪

ACHILLES

Lil-Rokslider
My t3 338win mag 24in bbl with 3 rounds in the mag and a vx3 2-8x36 on top weighed 7.2lbs.
It would rock you with factory 230eld-x. First shot ever with it off a bi pod ripped out the factory front sling stud.

MichaelC

FNG
Classified Approved
I just got a Tikka 6.5x55 and put it in a chassis. I have a question on bolt fluting, is it just for aesthetic reasons or is it to shave a little weight? This is my first Tikka and the bolt run is incredible compared to all my Remington based actions.

Attachments

• IMG_8207.jpeg
    IMG_8207.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 87

NSI

WKR
I just got a Tikka 6.5x55 and put it in a chassis. I have a question on bolt fluting, is it just for aesthetic reasons or is it to shave a little weight? This is my first Tikka and the bolt run is incredible compared to all my Remington based actions.
Great looking Tikka.

Bolt fluting removes an almost unmeasurable amount of weight and is can be a detriment to function as it allows debris to enter. The conventional wisdom that it increases reliability by allowing for free movement of ice and debris has been demonstrated false. It is not a big deal, and most likely will not become an issue whether fluted or not. Let's put it this way, I wouldn't pay extra for the feature but I wouldn't unload a rifle due to bolt fluting.

-J

7MM Rem Mag, Tikka Forest walnut stock, barrel channel modified to fit proof sendero light 24" barrel, 1-9.5 twist.

Attachments

• IMG_8152.jpg
    IMG_8152.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 179
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg