Light weight scope

OXN939

WKR
I have a razor lh 3-15 only thing i dont like about it is the turrets are just mush. Havent tested the tracking on it. I keep hearing bad thing about the tracking on the vx-5 also. Thanks for all the info

I have two Razor HD LHs and the turrets are perfectly crisp and easy to adjust on both. Both have done multiple Alaskan backcountry hunts and kept zero perfectly. Great glass, with my favorite reticle out there. The 2-10 is probably what I'd submit as my perfect BDC style scope.

VideoCapture_20191213-094346.jpg

Buzby

WKR
HAHA....I had to free up funds for when the MIL/MIL version comes out. Though I am hanging on to the standard duplex one until that occurs. :)

Great little scopes and certainly prefer it to the Leupold 3-9 and 2-7 ultralight variants I have had in the past.
Glass that much better?

prm

WKR
Haven’t looked at one personally but specs look good on maven RS2. 2-10x38 and 12.4 oz. maybe a tad heavier than some others already listed but 10x power gets you some extra yardage. Also if there scope glass is as good as bino they will be a sweet value.

Interesting. However, I looked at the reticle subtensions for their SHR reticle and they really do not make sense. At 10x the SHR reticle has lines at 5, 10 and 20 MOA. For a lightweight mountain hunting rifle that seems useless. For example, if shooting a 30-06 with 180 Partitions at 9k elevation, that would equate to roughly 330, 490 and 750 yds. Huh?? Doesn't seem to match a 2-10x38 lightweight scope. Am I missing something?

https://mavenbuilt.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/RS2_SHR_subtensions.png

I currently have a Razor HD LH in 1.5-8 on a lightweight rifle. That's probably my favorite scope. I did have one come apart. They said a screw came loose internally and they replaced the scope. I've tested the dials and they've been good with one exception. The very first time I dialed it didn't adjust correctly. Many times since have been right on. Though I use as a set and forget now. I've slapped it to see if held zero and it did.

The Leupold VX3i 2.5-8 is on another rifle. The dials are mildly infuriating when sighting in, but I have zero intent of dialing once it's set.

I had a Leupold FXii 6x36. That's a neat scope. Mine had the LRD reticle. I should not have sold it. Same comment about dialing though as the VX3i. The FXii dials are random.

I had a SWFA UL. It was ok, but the image gets squirrely to my eyes when above about 7x, maybe 8x I don't exactly recall. Just couldn't gel with that scope.

I've played with the Nightforce 3-10 SHV. Love the scope, but I simply prefer very light setups. If I had to live with the SHV I could easily though. Same with the SWFA 3-9. A little heavier than I prefer, the reticle is only ok in the woods at lower light, and the size of the turrets is not my cup of tea. Otherwise not a bad scope. I really need to try one of those light Swaro Z3s. They look like something I'd really like.

Last edited:
For me, the 2-7x33 Leupy and the Weaver K6 (6x38) and the Leupold American Marksman (sold by Cabelas) are the best scopes for the $.

The K6 weighs 10 oz. and the Leupy 2-7x33 and 3-9x40 Marksman both weigh just 11 oz.

These are the three scopes that currently reside on my hunting rifles. The 2-7x33 is on my Howa Mini 7.62x39, the K6 is on my Tikka T3 7mm-08, and the 3-9x40 American Marksman, with it's very useful ballistic reticle, is on my Howa 7mm-08.

If I were limited to just one, it would be the 2-7x33 for all-around use.

KitShickers

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the Meopta 3.5-10 RD BDC 2 from cameraland for $469. I havent received it yet, so I cant speak to the quality, but 3.5-10 with illumination and BDC at 16.90z for that price was too hard to pass up. Its a little heavier than some of the other suggestions, but I hunt mostly whitetail and the red dot really helps early in the AM.