Lightest camp shoe?

These maybe? Size 10, made in the USA, and only cost about $9.
56b5b337b2ee9e05ed01706ea586a363.jpg

19966cbbde0dea2c862e9a592c6a2c6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
I have some Adidas Supercloud slides that are 8.4 oz for size 11. Same weight for these slip ons that someone else on Rockslide recommended...

Maybe depends on how light you want to go, but there are several companies making basically socks with armored bottoms. This company uses 50% dyneema in their sock, they don’t list a weight but I’d guess it’s very light.

OP
O
That's irony for you. Unfortunately these bad boys are all out of stock at the moment.
IDK. I couldn’t believe that I was able to find a pair of UL wt. camp shoes that were not only made in the USA, of USA parts and cheap, but get this, I found them at Walmart!

mlgc20

WKR
thanks I did end up ordering the Amoji.
They have become my full time camp shoe. The only time I don't take them is if I will be fording any rivers. Then I go with something that secures to my foot. But, that's more for summer backpacking thing. Otherwise, the Amoji's are always in my pack. Some people don't need/want camp shoes. I think they are a nice luxury.

OP
O
They have become my full time camp shoe. The only time I don't take them is if I will be fording any rivers. Then I go with something that secures to my foot. But, that's more for summer backpacking thing. Otherwise, the Amoji's are always in my pack. Some people don't need/want camp shoes. I think they are a nice luxury.
Getting air on your feet is t a luxury but a necessity in my books.

idig4au

WKR
I’ve been contemplating the Exped Camp shoe. Think they lost 5 ounces as weightnonline.
I bought a pair of these as backpack camp shoes given their lightweight and insulation. Don’t think I would recommend.

Utterly useless if not on flat ground in dirt. Any resemblance of a slope, or on rocks, they will roll right off your feet. They are warm and comfortable around a tent and that’s about it.

I bought a pair of these as backpack camp shoes given their lightweight and insulation. Don’t think I would recommend.

Utterly useless if not on flat ground in dirt. Any resemblance of a slope, or on rocks, they will roll right off your feet. They are warm and comfortable around a tent and that’s about it.

Isn't that the point of a backpacking camp shoe? Just enough to keep your feet warm and make it to/from the woodline.

I have the expeds and really like them-- definitely keep your feet very warm and the sole (more of a bottom coating) has just enough grip/toughness to keep pokey things out... but you will feel rocks/sticks. Definitely not waterproof and definitely not SHTF hunting backup.

I’m curious if there’s an option that can double as a camp shoe and stalking shoe that is as light as possible...getting double duty out of a second pair of shoes if you’re packing them all the way in sure would be nice.

No. But a second set of thick socks with an insole in em will work for stalking.

OP
O
I’m curious if there’s an option that can double as a camp shoe and stalking shoe that is as light as possible...getting double duty out of a second pair of shoes if you’re packing them all the way in sure would be nice.

On one of the kuiu videos Jason Hairston took a pair of lightweight trail shoes for camp as a backup/water crosser. I can see the utility but for me a camp shoe has to air out my feet .

Wapack

FNG
Those Amoji look sweet! I’m running croc classics. But I’m gonna order up a pair of those bad boys!

idig4au

WKR
Isn't that the point of a backpacking camp shoe? Just enough to keep your feet warm and make it to/from the woodline.

I have the expeds and really like them-- definitely keep your feet very warm and the sole (more of a bottom coating) has just enough grip/toughness to keep pokey things out... but you will feel rocks/sticks. Definitely not waterproof and definitely not SHTF hunting backup.
I agree, the expeds are warm. But it’s nice not to lose a slipper or have a rock poke through when you take a piss or if you need to walk to nearby water source. If I have to put my boots on to do this, it defeats their purpose.

Best camp shoe I have found were made by Cushe, but they are discontinued. Figures with my luck.