Lightweight long range scope?

What would you guys consider the best lightweight long range scope? Looking for something around 20-25 power. Nightforce NXS is on my list, just a little heavy. Also the Z6i but it is a 30 power… just need some more ideas maybe I didn’t see. Or any thoughts on those 2 scopes. Thank you!

Jr4

Lil-Rokslider
Zeiss V4 has treated me pretty good on three rifles, pretty light good glass and pretty good in the weight department

BjornF16

WKR
Everything is relative...

What is lightweight?

What does "best" mean to you?

To me, reliability would be first and foremost consideration (ability to maintain zero when knocked about; accurate dialing, etc). Read up on scope evaluation sub-forum in Long Range Hunting.

To me, lightweight (considering reliability) is now 19-24 oz.

ymmv

zr600

FNG
Look at some of the Trijicon offerings, also the Leica amplus 6 offering too. There are lots of options out there.

If you're looking for Swaro's long-range scope and you consider that NXS "light", you're looking for an X5i. As I said earlier, the Z6 5-30x50 is high mag, but that single turret turn only gives you 4.6 mils of elevation. (about 16 MOA)

zr600

FNG
The genii psts are great for the money I believe. My cousin has one he hasn’t had any issue with, glass is decent. I have a couple geni pst and the genii pst is way better.

I really like the NF NX8 4-32, I believe it’s about the 28 oz. mark but well worth the extra few ounces. Also like the V4’s, Gen II PST’s, and the Razor AMG if you can find them.

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
The Sightron STAC 3-16x44 is a good compromise IMO. Very reliable, good glass and fantastic tracking. They weight 22oz which IMO is not bad for a scope with turrets & parallax adjustment that is tough as hell. They also make it in a 4-20x50 but IMO that is getting to be a pretty large/bulky scope for hunting. Right now the 3-16x44 is available on Midway for $249. I use the duplex reticle with a custom turret from Kenton Industries. Makes a great combo. Leupold VX-5 would be a consideration but only saves you a couple ounces and cost 4-5x more.

nphunter

WKR
Depends on what you mean by long range. I can ring steel at 1K with my 5-15x42 HST no problem. 15X is plenty good for most long-range hunting situations.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Look at some of the Trijicon offerings, also the Leica amplus 6 offering too. There are lots of options out there.
I just mounted up a trijicon tenmile HX 3-18x50. I havnt shot it yet but my initial impression is that it’s pretty damn good for the sale price from euro optic.

It mounted with my talley medium rings which is what I was using anyways so the 50mm objective has no downside in my case. Capped windage, adjustable parallax and illumination, reticle is good, I think it’s under 26oz as well. Eye box is good too. Seems like a hell of a score for 739.00 when the initial price of it is like 1850.00.