Lightweight scope that dials with zero stop, does it exist?

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
Because they can’t. Things that make a scope reliable, weigh a certain amount.

Swarovski has the Z6. So why when they wanted to come out with a long range hunting scope, didn’t/couldn’t they use the Z6 line and instead had to design the x5..... might be worth a look as to why. Nothing Z3/5/6 can be considered “reliable” and expected to consistently adjust/track correctly.
Mine track perfectly….. I just keep dialing and killing stuff, despite what the internet says

MattB

WKR
You can add a zero stop to SWFA scopes.

I believe that is the same zero stop washer set I got and they only work stock for a subset of SWFA scopes without modification. I had to reduce the OD to get them to work in my 3-9. Not much work (wedged the washers onto a socket of the appropriate OD to fit the washer ID, chucked that up in a drill, and ran them against a file until the OD reduced enough), but folks should know that they are not plug and play for all SWFA scopes.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe that is the same zero stop washer set I got and they only work stock for a subset of SWFA scopes without modification. I had to reduce the OD to get them to work in my 3-9. Not much work (wedged the washers onto a socket of the appropriate OD to fit the washer ID, chucked that up in a drill, and ran them against a file until the OD reduced enough), but folks should know that are not plug and play for all SWFA scopes.
There's a different set for 3-9. I haven't seen them in stock for awhile though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
There's a different set for 3-9. I haven't seen them in stock for awhile though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Good to know, I don’t think it was differentiated when I bought mine 3-4 years ago (or I just missed it). It was easy enough to make the other set work for whatever that is worth.

Is there a way to put a zero stop on a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9 x 40? An exposed elevation dial from Kenton Industries and a zero stop on that scope would be nice. Trijicon lists the weight at 13.4 ounces.

TxLite

WKR
Is there a way to put a zero stop on a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9 x 40? An exposed elevation dial from Kenton Industries and a zero stop on that scope would be nice. Trijicon lists the weight at 13.4 ounces.
Did you ever find an answer to this?

...although I did see a video on a different scope where the elevation turret was removed and a washer was placed below it. The thickness of the washer had to be adjusted until the downward adjustment of the turret bottomed-out on the washer at a 100 yd zero. Not sure if that would work on the accupoint... but might be worth a try...