Loaded rounds wont chamber??

So i meticulously prepared some 270wsm ammo to get my new browning all weather lefty dialed in. I got to the range and my ammo wouldnt chamber! The bolt wouldnt quite go far enough forward to drop the handle down? I full length sized my cases and trimmed them all to length. After sizing the empty cases will chamber. Its after I add the bullet that it wont close. I pulled a couple bullets, sized the cases a touch more, re assembled and they still wont close. Next I tried brand new cases. Same problem! I tried a different bullet from the 150 nosler ablr I was using and I still cant close the bolt. I am extremely baffled here! I have used three different factory loads with no issues. Where am I going wrong? As a side note, I did have a similar issue with "some" handloads in a tikka 270wsm I used to have

wwy

FNG
You are seated too long, or, your seating die is set too low and causing the body neck junction to wrinkle. Screw your seater in until it touches the case when the ram is up all the way. Back the die off two complete turns, then adjust bullet seating depth.

wapitibob

WKR
Set your sizer die so it bumps the shoulder on fired brass about .002. You can check that with a smoked case. You then need to measure where your lands are and set your case head to bullet ogive accordingly. You can do that with specific tools or lightly seat a bullet into a deprimed case and chamber it. You should always start at sami specs and work from there.
Sounds to me like you're reloading without knowing what the finished product should measure.

OP
swampthing
I got it sorted guys. It was a combination of the the cases not being sized enough and the bullets seated too far out. The 2.86 overall length my book says is way too long for this rifle. I had to seat the very long nosler ablr 150gr bullets at 2.72 before they would chamber! And even though my sized empty cases fit the chamber I ended up dropping the sizing die another 1/8 turn. I am a little embarrassed and appreciate the help guys

BuckSnort

WKR
Getting some tools that allow you to measure off of the bullets ojive and to the lands would be a valuable investment.. Measuring COAL allows to many variables.

duchntr

WKR
Color you're cartridge from the bullet to the shoulder of the case with a sharpie, try to chamber it, eject it, look to see where your interference is. Sounds like your jamming lands but the sharpie will tell you for sure.

parkj5

FNG
Sounds like the shoulder needs bumping back more. get a fired cas in that chamber use a bic lighter to smoke the shoulder. Turn your die down until it touches the shoulder. U can then turn die in alittle bit to just bump the shoulder.

LaHunter

WKR
Do a google search for Alex Wheeler youtube videos. He does an awesome job showing and explaining how to determine your chamber length using your brass. Also, he has a good video showing how to determine the CBTO length to your rifling, this is specific to the bullet that you are using. You will need some tools to remove your firing pin assembly and your plunger / ejector from your bolt, but in my opinion, his methods are the best I have found.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
You need one of these. It will tell you the length to the lands for your rifle, then you can set your bullets at .10, .20, .30 etc and easily repeat your OAL . This allows you to measure from the ogive of the bullet not the tip.

SYS

FNG
You are seated too long, or, your seating die is set too low and causing the body neck junction to wrinkle. Screw your seater in until it touches the case when the ram is up all the way. Back the die off two complete turns, then adjust bullet seating depth.
I have similar issue with 300 Norma Mag brass and need advice.

1. FL resized the brass and bumped shoulder 2-4/1000
2. Able to chamber the brass after FL sizing and shoulder bump.
3. Measured the CBTG=2.895 and loaded 230 gr a tip at 2.85. I am able to chamber the rounds with once fired brass, but not able to chamber the twice fired brass ( even I am able to chamber the brass; all rounds r loaded and 2.85.) I can’t figure out why.
4. Also I noticed the primer pocket on twice fired brass is a bit loose comparing to once fired brass, which is expected.

Any suggestion?

1. Norma Mag bras Fired once and twice.
2. Bullet: Hornady A tip 230 grain
3. Redding competition S die sets
4. FL sizing with shoulder bump 2-4/1000