Long in the tooth.....

Ok, riddle me this campers. What is your longest lasting piece of hunting gear. One that you haven’t had to replace, or, merely chose not to. I have an old Federal plastic .22 container (think plastic chew container) which Ive carried my elk reeds in for some 35? years. The other one that continues to amaze me is a Lowance IFINDER-C GPS that is close to 15? years old; slower than hell to acquire satellites at first but is still working like a champ.

How about you cats?

Carr5vols

WKR
I have my grandfather's carhartt overalls used for rabbit hunting, busting briars, not sure the model of them but I know for sure they are over 30 years old and still work great.

87TT

WKR
Bought my Ruger 30 06 in 1978. Killed my elk last year with it. Carry the knife my grandfather made that I've used since 1973.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
I have a set of scentlok fleece camo from ~2003 that I haven't given up on yet. I'm starting to buy some sitka pieces for cold weather as I'm tired of picking burrs out of the scentlok stuff and the scentlok stuff isn't windproof. I'm sure all the "activated carbon" effect is long gone.

Cool thread.

The oldest thing I am using is a 1970s 30/30, but it is fairly new to me.

for gear though, I have a pair of 1999 danner acadias my Uncle Sam gave me as a parting gift that are still in my inventory, but they were closet queens for number of years so are well preserved.

my Benelli M2, ole Ben, and I linked up in 2007, so going on 15 years and a few hundred birds. I have thought about an upgrade or a replacement but I think he and I are just gonna see each other into retirement.

Ratamahatta

Lil-Rokslider
1972 Winchester model 70 30-06 police version.

Sent from my motorola one zoom using Tapatalk

I have a Remington mod 660, 6.5mm rem mag that I bought when I was in high school in 1968, a sleeping bag that I bought for work in 1990, and a pair of swaro 10x42 ELs that I bought in 2000. Yeah I'm well seasoned!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Set of Leica Trinovid 7 x 42 Since 1993. Not only the oldest still with me but the best hunting investment I ever made. Remington Model Seven in 260 REM since 1999. Set of Cabelas Legacy Fleece with wind shear that is still my favorite set of hunting clothes Since 2005.

Buck197

WKR
I've got an old I guess you'd call it a shirt jacket..basically a heavier shirt, my dad wore it my entire youth, and I still put that thing on and hunt in it once in a while when I'm at home. If that thing could talk, lordy the stories I bet it'd tell on dad. I just turned fifty...so at a bare minimum it's got to be forty yrs old or better.

Last edited:

rayporter

WKR
the oldest i have that frequently goes on hunts is the rowels off of my first set of spurs. they have been on several pairs of spurs but they are the originals i was given before high school. they are black iron 12 point.

one of the coolest is dads old fiberglass fishing rod that i took to alaska and caught salmon with 2 years ago. an old Indian warden asked me why i had that old rod and when i told him the story he was impressed that i honored the rod on the trip.

Buck197

WKR
the oldest i have that frequently goes on hunts is the rowels off of my first set of spurs. they have been on several pairs of spurs but they are the originals i was given before high school. they are black iron 12 point.

one of the coolest is dads old fiberglass fishing rod that i took to alaska and caught salmon with 2 years ago. an old Indian warden asked me why i had that old rod and when i told him the story he was impressed that i honored the rod on the trip.
man, that's really cool, first set of rowers. I've still got my first set of spurs, but rowers, to me that's really cool. What are they shamrock or what?