Looking for a muzzle brake for savage 110 ultra lite 300wsm.

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased one brake and it does not get along with the proof barrel or something. With the break it shoots a 4-6” group at 100 without the brake it shoot sub moa. Any help would be appreciated. Also looking for affordable after market stock options for the savage 110 ultralight.

The Answer by American Precision Arms has worked well for me on a skinny barrel, making magnums more manageable and stopping muzzle rise. Face feels weird during the shot...like cheeks flapping in the wind.

73 Wood

FNG
Not sure it'll help you too much, since mine is for a 6.5, but maybe?

I put an American Precision Arms Micro Bastard on my Tikka and I like it. It did have to sight it in afterwards b/c it changed the POI, but I'd say after 50 rounds it has held true. The gunsmith that threaded my barrel REALLY likes that brake too.

Rock-o

WKR
I use American Precision Arms Little Bastard and Micro Bastard. Specifically, the Gen 1 so they can be blended to the barrel.

Last edited:
I purchased one brake and it does not get along with the proof barrel or something. With the break it shoots a 4-6” group at 100 without the brake it shoot sub moa. Any help would be appreciated. Also looking for affordable after market stock options for the savage 110 ultralight.
I have an APA little bastard on my wife’s savage uL, it shoots really good with that brake, only one I have tried and it works great

Going to a can asap, but for now, it’s a very easy rifle to shoot well. If krg makes a chassis for the short action savage, that is my vote. I have the savage uL in a magnesium xlr, but got the krg bravo for my tikka and like it a bunch, for the price, I can’t imagine a more practical aftermarket stock

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
I have two Area 419 Hellfire brakes, I really like them a lot and the self-timing makes them ease to put on- take off. Midway USA sells them.

OP
Jfjfrye

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
I have an APA little bastard on my wife’s savage uL, it shoots really good with that brake, only one I have tried and it works great

Going to a can asap, but for now, it’s a very easy rifle to shoot well. If krg makes a chassis for the short action savage, that is my vote. I have the savage uL in a magnesium xlr, but got the krg bravo for my tikka and like it a bunch, for the price, I can’t imagine a more practical aftermarket stock

OP
Jfjfrye

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider

Krg is the way to go then? How’s the weight?

Krg is the way to go then? How’s the weight?
It’s not super light, but it’s a big improvement in terms of ergos… not sure the exact weight, but they have specifics on their site

I don’t know of any other aftermarket stock that would be an actual improvement over the what the rifle comes with without spending quite a bit more, and to keep it factory light and improvement in handling, it’s going to be double the price of a krg or more

If you want to keep it really light, I suggest keeping the factory stock, and save up for something different in the future… the krg weight is very much worth it to me. I put a magnesium xlr on the ultralite, and it’s awesome, but it’s not cheap and it’s a long wait to get one built… it was worth the time and money to me, but I like the krg a lot as well, and it’s way cheaper and you can buy one right now.

Other options would be something like the carbon stocky’s, but I would rather have the factory stock myself

OP
Jfjfrye

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
Im thinking the best option is to take it to a smith and have them install one that has hey know will work. Unlike the self timing one. Also going to look into after market stocks because I’m afraid the break is forcing the proof barrel to contact the stock on the shot and messing with harmonics.

OP
Jfjfrye

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
If I could get my hands on one it definitely would

OP
Jfjfrye

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same gun and use a Ross
I bought two Ross. On for me and one for my dad who purchased the same gun. For some reason the Ross doesn’t get along with these proof barrels or something. I get a group just like when I have the magneto speed chrono attached. I believe it has something to do with the harmonics. But I also did the self timer. And im by no means a gunsmith so maybe I did it wrong. But just weird how both mine and my dads rifle shoots lights out without the brake and ass soon as it’s on the groups are nonexistent and opens is up to a 4” or larger pattern.

Go to the Rockslide store and get a TI Pro brake. They are available as self timing, available in different contours, are VERY effective and weigh just ounces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RyGuy88

FNG
I bought two Ross. On for me and one for my dad who purchased the same gun. For some reason the Ross doesn’t get along with these proof barrels or something. I get a group just like when I have the magneto speed chrono attached. I believe it has something to do with the harmonics. But I also did the self timer. And im by no means a gunsmith so maybe I did it wrong. But just weird how both mine and my dads rifle shoots lights out without the brake and ass soon as it’s on the groups are nonexistent and opens is up to a 4” or larger pattern.
Using APA little bastard on mine - took it to CS TACTICAL out of Sacramento for timing and blending… my 12yo can now handle it unlike before (factory)

ecollier

FNG
I’d check out the Boring Med Lil. This is what I plan on putting on my 7 mag when I get it. I have a buddy that runs them and has really good luck.

OP
Jfjfrye

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
Using APA little bastard on mine - took it to CS TACTICAL out of Sacramento for timing and blending… my 12yo can now handle it unlike before (factory)
Im going to have to check them out. Is yours 300wsm?