Looking for a non-camo/tactical looking daypack

In need of a new day pack. This is mostly for whitetail stand hunting, travel, EDC type things. I don't particularly care for it to be camo or look military with Molle sewed on everywhere.

Dont need an external frame and I prefer a simple waist belt. USA made is a plus.

So far the Stone Glacier Avail 2200 checks a lot of my boxes. Any other suggestions?
Check out Eberlestock, veteran owned and located* in Idaho. They are amazing packs. They have many that would fit your needs.

Last edited:
Check out Eberlestock, veteran owned and made in Idaho. They are amazing packs. They have many that would fit your needs.

Minor correction, they are made in Vietnam. But I do like their packs. At the moment I have a Switchblade, Little Trick, and an X2.

Has anyone tried the REI co-op 25 trail pack or the Teton sports oasis?
coworker just picked up that REI pack while we were in WA for work... We fussed over a lot of the packs there before he settled on that one and I think he made a good purchase.

When I lived in Wisconsin, my go-to for whitetail hunting was my kuiu 1800 day pack. Im still using it in Alaska for quick day hikes and hunts.

Travel and EDC are the kickers for me! Got back from the latest hunt and realized that my computer bag with ~20 lbs was less comfortable than my trail bag with 60 - there's gotta be a solid, lightweight, maybe even framed EDC bag with a laptop pouch out there somewhere!

For a day work pack the Alpha One Niner Whitley is really nice. It’s not for carrying a lot of stuff, or bulky stuff, but for laptop and office stuff it’s the best I’ve found.

If you want to see reviews of every bag imaginable from an EDC perspective, check out the George Defined youtube channel.

Gonna give you a recommendation that's outta left field.... But seems to meet criteria you're setting forth

Check out dsptch. Made in USA, it's a little frou-frou but their products are indestructible. I use their backpack for business travel, and I've also brought it into the tree stand. It's black, not too tactical, not over the top.

I ordered an Avail. Haven't tried SG yet, so I guess this will be a good sampler. Wanted something to bring one or two days of clothes for a hotel stay. Could also work for a day hike.

I use the SG avail for light warm days hunting from the truck. Ive added the hydration sleeve which can be used as a large pocket, there are also 2 internal pockets, 2 sleeves inside, and a large outside zip pocket. Made in the USA. I've used it on deployment, for hunting, hiking, flying ( you can take off the waistbelt), and for the beach. Made in the US as well.

Cheers

Reactions: prm
Travel and EDC are the kickers for me! Got back from the latest hunt and realized that my computer bag with ~20 lbs was less comfortable than my trail bag with 60 - there's gotta be a solid, lightweight, maybe even framed EDC bag with a laptop pouch out there somewhere!
I bought one of the first Kanjera packs.

https://kanjera.com/caprock-35-heavy-duty-waxed-canvas-backpack/

I don't carry a laptop every day, but it's carried mine well. I carry it every day. Hunt with it. Use it as my carryon when I fly. Hiked, fly fished with it on my back. 9-10 states, and 3 other countries so far. Holding up great.

Some great suggestions in here! Minor sticker shock but I suppose when you ask for a bag that's a whole level above your basic Swiss gear that comes with a price jump! I'll bookmark these for black Friday deals for sure

I've also been deep diving seek outside stuff recently looking into hunting packs and they keep teasing an EDC bag in the works! That would be ideal imo - simple, lightweight, and waterproof

Back