Looking for good cartridge and budget rifle for 14 y/o

Might be useful to the discussion on this topic- can someone educate the ignorant among us (me)?

6mm ARC vs 6.5cm vs. 6mm cm. Big picture pro/cons
The 6arc is the slowest of them. Shoots a heavy bullet, and burns maybe 30ish grains of powder. The 6cm is a step up and shoots the same a bullets as the arc, but burns roughly 42ish grains of powder. Good velocity. The 6.5 shoots the heaviest of those you’ve asked about. Slightly slower than the 6cm, and possibly same velocity as the arc. Been awhile since I’ve looked at a chart. But the 6.5 burns roughly 42ish grains of powder like the 6cm, they’re the same case with different neck diameters. 6arc will have the least recoil, 6cm in the middle and the 6.5 will have the most of the group. 6arc is good to roughly 450-500 yards, and the cms will carry much further.

Honest I reload and love the 7mm08, BUT the 6.5 is very similar and has way way more options for bullets in the shelf. If I was buying ammo the 6.5 is the route I would go. Plus there’s 10 6.5 rifle to 1 7mm08 on the rack. So I’d go 6.5.

The 270 is a great cartridge. It’s been around for 101 years and has been killing deer the whole time. In fact it was so popular because it was flat shooting. I just was designed for today’s heavy weight bullets. Which has stopped all that’s used it since 1923.

Rambling again.
The heaviest bullet in factory 270 ammo is 150gr. I wouldn’t call that designed for today’s heavy bullets. The twist of the 270 handicaps it, and the lack of high bc bullets.

The heaviest bullet in factory 270 ammo is 150gr. I wouldn’t call that designed for today’s heavy bullets. The twist of the 270 handicaps it, and the lack of high bc bullets.
Oops typo. I’m a guy who wants a 6.8 western so I’m aware the 270win only goes as high as 150gr and doesn’t have the twist rate to throw the heavies bullets.

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
The 6arc is the slowest of them. Shoots a heavy bullet, and burns maybe 30ish grains of powder. The 6cm is a step up and shoots the same a bullets as the arc, but burns roughly 42ish grains of powder. Good velocity. The 6.5 shoots the heaviest of those you’ve asked about. Slightly slower than the 6cm, and possibly same velocity as the arc. Been awhile since I’ve looked at a chart. But the 6.5 burns roughly 42ish grains of powder like the 6cm, they’re the same case with different neck diameters. 6arc will have the least recoil, 6cm in the middle and the 6.5 will have the most of the group. 6arc is good to roughly 450-500 yards, and the cms will carry much further.
Awesome, thanks for that

Oops typo. I’m a guy who wants a 6.8 western so I’m aware the 270win only goes as high as 150gr and doesn’t have the twist rate to throw the heavies bullets.
I hope for those of you guys that got a 6.8 that it pans out, but I’m skeptical. Gives me wsm vibes lol.

What about 6.5 prc?
I’ve got a 6.5 prc, had a tikka in 6.5 prc that I regret selling and I’m in the middle of building a semi custom tikka prc. It’s definitely got more recoil than either of the creedmoor’s but with a brake on it it’s very manageable. That said I still like shooting my Ruger 6 creedmoor the most and will probably order a 6 creedmoor barrel for a tikka 7-08 I have just cause there’s nothing I think the 7-08 does better than the creed and ammo where I’m at is more plentiful.

OP
H

HappyHuntr

I’ve got a 6.5 prc, had a tikka in 6.5 prc that I regret selling and I’m in the middle of building a semi custom tikka prc. It’s definitely got more recoil than either of the creedmoor’s but with a brake on it it’s very manageable. That said I still like shooting my Ruger 6 creedmoor the most and will probably order a 6 creedmoor barrel for a tikka 7-08 I have just cause there’s nothing I think the 7-08 does better than the creed and ammo where I’m at is more plentiful.
I'm surprised 6CM is more available than 7-08. if so I will look into it.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I mean, I have the best book blacktail property in the western hemisphere of the galaxy and i planted 38,000 old growth doug firs with my feet so any old rifle just wont cut it. Unless it is a 65 y/o m70 .270 win with a Lee-opold on top.
Was this really helpful?

It's clear you're just trolling.

What about a 404 Jeffery?