Looking for Idaho otc deer tag?

I have til October 10th to find one, hopefully I can find one out of all those tags? Reason is my hunting partner drew a 43 bull tag from October 15th through November 10 and I would love a deer tag in my pocket while we are looking for a bull!

43 general season deer is a shit show. Everybody and their brother from Boise to Mountain Home hammers 43 on dirt bikes and side by sides during general looking for that trophy 2 point. Might be wiser to save your cash and just focus on your buddies elk.

I think as GregB said that you can no longer designate who your tag goes to but any returned tags to through the new returned tag purchase process. The refs seem to have last year’s process and can be revised by later rule change. The IDFG website thoroughly explains the tag transfer rule and process.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t let anybody tell you not to get a deer tag. Of course it’s a smart idea to have a deer tag. And even though there may be people, there are also deer!

OP
G
I totally agree, just gotta find a tag that is available. I refuse to believe there’s not one tag out there that someone doesn’t plan on using. Someone had to draw a better hunt and doesn’t have time to do both.

87TT

WKR
Doesn't seem right but that's what the regs say for now. That said, you only have until August 30 as there are seasons for that tag that open that early. As the tag is a "regular" tag and good for archery too.

IdahoHntr

WKR
Rules are rules, just trying to find a tag!

Doesn't seem right but that's what the regs say for now. That said, you only have until August 30 as there are seasons for that tag that open that early. As the tag is a "regular" tag and good for archery too.

I would pay attention to this. You will not be able to do the transfer after the 29th of August, because that is when the general deer tag archery season opens.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yep, once the general season opens you are SOL.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rjw4

FNG
Just over 1400 deer tags go on sale tomorrow that outfitters didn't use. However im not sure if thats for the nonresident pool or just first come first serve among residents and non residents.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Residents can't buy leftover NR tags til Aug 1st

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk