Luxe tents

Anyone use Luxe tents? Buddy of mine tried to buy one a few years ago, but it never came after 6 or so months and ended up having to get money back from his credit card company (thankfully) after they went dark responding to him.

I've got an Octopeak tipi I've owned for a while and finally used this last season on a duck hunt. It took some pretty stuff winds even though my pitch was all jacked up. Since then I've ordered a few things and email to check status and they seem to reply within a day or so, eventually canceled all those recent orders and they canceled and refunded after a simple email.

OP
M
I've got an Octopeak tipi I've owned for a while and finally used this last season on a duck hunt. It took some pretty stuff winds even though my pitch was all jacked up. Since then I've ordered a few things and email to check status and they seem to reply within a day or so, eventually canceled all those recent orders and they canceled and refunded after a simple email.
Good to hear, how do you like the octopeak? I've had my eye on that one but just wanted to hear some good things about them before digging into them more

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, bought it used from a buddy and then I put a SO stove in it. It has the nest which is nice during the warm weather hunts.

It’s a pretty good tent and I’d buy another one if I had to.

Rumor has it that Luxe was suppose to get a new dealer here in the states.
4F6E2DDA-9D80-435D-8ECF-8DD64D0173F2.jpeg

I've got a HexPeak (6 person tent), I like it a lot. As said above, put up with some pretty brutal wind in Wyoming during a 2020 mule deer and antelope hunt. Like sustained 40 mph winds with 60 mph gusts. Only issue we had was when we had a major gust of wind blow the stove pipe so violently it caused the pipe to detach from the stove in the middle of the night. Scared the mess out of us. Thankfully we had pretty much dead embers in the stove, otherwise we'd have gotten hot quick.

Good to hear, how do you like the octopeak? I've had my eye on that one but just wanted to hear some good things about them before digging into them more
I like it. The stake loops' stitching tends to tear out and open the loop (happened to two of them), so I went ahead and tore the rest open and simply tied an overhand loop on the ends for the stakes so there wouldn't be an untimely issue. Everything else seems to be solid and I haven't broken anything else yet. I'm not a heavy tipi user so still learning how to set them up properly so tend to put way too much pull on some of these loops setting up. This last time I set it up while it was blowing 30 sustained and I found it impossible to get a proper pitch on it, dunno if that's me or the conditions or a combination of both. I have the stove for it as well but other than just burning in I haven't used it yet. Seems decent, wish it came with a pipe top with guyout loops instead of just an open pipe.

I have one, bought it used from a buddy and then I put a SO stove in it. It has the nest which is nice during the warm weather hunts.

It’s a pretty good tent and I’d buy another one if I had to.

Rumor has it that Luxe was suppose to get a new dealer here in the states.
View attachment 526535
They are Chinese tents branded for the 1 man company Luxe. A guy here on Rokslide purchased one from Luxe (new) and it was damaged upon arrival. Luxe told him tuff luck.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Might want to check this link, Luxe Hiking Gear is no longer a reseller and not sure if there is one in the states yet. I ordered the Hexpeak XL from them 3 years ago when they had inventory and it arrived on time and in perfect condition. I think they're decent tents for the money, material seems pretty durable and I haven't used mine extensively but it's held up good so far. The one annoying thing is the ripstop nylon material sags a bit with moisture and condensation. The ripstop poly supposedly doesn't, but is a bit heavier.

It's the harbor freight of the tent world. If you're a casual tent camper and only use it a few times a year, most likely worth the price. If you're planning on doing the majority of your hunts backpack style and using a tipi tent for 20+ days a year, probably better to go higher end.

Might want to check this link, Luxe Hiking Gear is no longer a reseller and not sure if there is one in the states yet. I ordered the Hexpeak XL from them 3 years ago when they had inventory and it arrived on time and in perfect condition. I think they're decent tents for the money, material seems pretty durable and I haven't used mine extensively but it's held up good so far. The one annoying thing is the ripstop nylon material sags a bit with moisture and condensation. The ripstop poly supposedly doesn't, but is a bit heavier.

Interesting

OP
M
I've had a couple hunts in a LiteOutdoors tipi along with the stove, that seemed to be a very solid setup

kopmantrey

Lil-Rokslider
Stay as far away from luxe as you can. I paid for a tent from them last summer and never received it luckily i got my money back from the credit card company.

Read this post:

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/luxe-hiking-gear.168129/

It’s an older post, but pretty telling of their customer service of lack of.

User here received a new tent from Luxe with holes and a tear in it. Luxe sent them instructions on how to patch it with a patch and some seam sealer. Keep in mind, he bought it new and it arrived with holes and tears in it. You can’t make this stuff up.

buddtc

FNG
It's the harbor freight of the tent world. If you're a casual tent camper and only use it a few times a year, most likely worth the price. If you're planning on doing the majority of your hunts backpack style and using a tipi tent for 20+ days a year, probably better to go higher end.
This is quite possibly the best analogy I have heard in a long time hahahaha

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
My recommendation is ff you do buy one, buy a used from a member on here. I bought one few weeks ago. It was my back up plan if the Owyhee from Argali didn't sell out. I set it up in yard and was impressed for the price. I was lucky to get my order into Argali though and turnaround sold it. I was after SO shelter when I came across it. I probably wouldn't buy again due to what I see on here. Not that the tent want do its job, but I don't want to support that type of company.

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Luxe Hiking gear used to be the U.S. dealer for Luxe tents. They are a Chinese made tent but are a great buy for the money. Around covid Luxe hiking gear began having inventory issues and began stiffing people. Any one who bought from them over the last year or so obviously did no research because all of the horror stories are out there. The Ridges Gear is now the U.S. dealer for Luxe tents. They only have listed what they have in inventory and seem to have a good customer service.

I've had several Luxe tents and they are pretty good. A little heavier than some high end tents though. My son uses a hex peak and says the extra pound is worth the $300 saved.

Jgann19

FNG
I also run the Octopeak and it's a great cold weather set up, if I am not running and gunning! I've deer hunted more out it but it's been on 3 elk trips. It held up well in some bad weather and heavy snows in 9° temperatures and Iwas just fine! I seam silled it myself and never was wet or cold.... overall I was very pleased with how the tent performed!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230706_192511_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230706_192511_Gallery.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 30

Jgann19

FNG
Also...this isn't a light set up for running with bulls but a decent base camp shelter! I like tinkering with the stove more than anything...lol! I run the Kuiu Mountain Star most of the time as I like to stay on them! I really wouldn't wanna set this guy up daily, but someone else might!