Luxe tents

wyogoat

WKR
I have a few Luxe tents and have had great luck with them. I have a minipeak and a hexapeak and had them both in legitimate crappy weather (wind and rain and snow) over 10k feet and they’ve been great for the money. I didn’t notice they were that heavy either. Set up is tricky but once you master that I think they’re a fine single pole option and the quality has been solid on mine.

Jgann19

FNG
I dont think its a heavy setup for truck camping , close to the road, or using motorized transport to get it to the properdestination. The tent, center pole, and 2.5 inner mesh your hauling over 6.5lbs+, if my memory serves me right. I love the hot tent set when the weathers nasty but I dont think it's ideal when I am counting ounces! If i am running for 5 days straight in the treeline...its light and Kuiu. IMO but I really like the tent!

Attachments

• 20200913_080113.jpg
    20200913_080113.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 44

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a luxe megahorn 8 and its junk. First setup and the stove jack ripped and a door zipper was broken. I got a computer generated message saying fix it locally and we arent covering it. Terrible customer service. Not waste ur money

Harvey_NW

WKR
I bought a luxe megahorn 8 and its junk. First setup and the stove jack ripped and a door zipper was broken. I got a computer generated message saying fix it locally and we arent covering it. Terrible customer service. Not waste ur money
Which dealer did you buy it from? The original Luxe Hiking Gear, or the new dealer 3 Ridges Gear?

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
I will not buy luxe gear again. Dealer sacked doesn't matter if there's a new dealer when I spent all that money and.
Didn't even have a product i coukd use out of the box

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
I talk To the new dealer in the advise. Me that the old dealer probably gave me a customer return tent. Even if the new dealership is 100% better.
Luxe will never get a penny from me again. And the cost of the mega horn x l now is almost the same price as a Seek Outside And it comes with a lifetime warranty and probably one of the best customer services around.

Arithson

FNG
They have a new US supplier now. Luxe hiking gear used to be the supplier and they sucked but I think the new folks are decent at customer service. I have the Octapeak

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
They have a new US supplier now. Luxe hiking gear used to be the supplier and they sucked but I think the new folks are decent at customer service. I have the Octapeak
Yep they look a lot better but they're price for the megahorn xl like i have Is in the same price as the seek outside tents. Why would I buy something made in China with a 1 year warranty compared to something made in the U. S a with a lifetime warranty and excellent customer service guaranteed

The new company they go through is threeridgesgear.com and the customer service is awesome. I had my tent pole snap on a spring bear hunt 2 years ago and placed an order for a new one with the previous distributor and got screwed by them and never got the pole, but they took my money. I thought I was out $40 until I recently found the new distributor and called them and talked a rep over the phone and they sent me out a new pole for free which was way more than I was expecting from them. Super awesome customer service.